• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manufacturing Defect?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hello Guys, 

I am new to this forum. The reason I am here today  is because I just bought Batman The Dark Knight Returns # 1 from eBay and I noticed a defect on the comic. There is a smudge but it doesn't look like a fingerprint. Is this smudge a manufacturing defect? If not how much grade will I lose if I submit the comic to CGC? Thanks.  

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

50 minutes ago, danchoi03 said:

If this is water droplet, can I do pressing and cleaning to remove this smudge? 

First off, I think you have a misunderstanding of just what a press/clean can accomplish and it will not help here. I would return this book immediately. Don't even try to fix it. Return it.

2 hours ago, danchoi03 said:

If this is water droplet, can I do pressing and cleaning to remove this smudge? 

No, water damage can't be removed and dry cleaning typically doesn't remove smudges.  Its probably the water affecting the gloss as opposed to a smudge.  Either way, pressing/dry cleaning won't address the issue.