• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,044 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

The 247 looks to be a nice, clean, structurally solid book, have not seen too many in decent grade.  Great pick-up.

To date it's the most I've spent on a raw book; time will tell if the reward was worth the risk. I flipped through it a couple times and everything is attached and all pages accounted for. Some general wear/spine creases and dimples on the back that will be taken care of.

While not garnering as much attention as the 247, the Weird Science has great colors I normally don't see when finding GA in my price range.

12 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Is there a backstory? I'm thinking you didn't just pluck them off the wall of a little LCS. (Though you are in NYC metro, no?) So maybe hm

I'm in the Chicago suburbs, not NYC, but it kind of was just like picking them off a wall (actually out of a couple different boxes) at a store out here that was having a sale. These books weren't necessarily included in the sale, but I was given a discount for multiple/big purchases. Based on previous visits to this store I was not expecting to find these; right place right time.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Now that I think about it that Josie and the Pussycats #45 doesn't have a decimal point, could $120 have been right? They or HPB only rang it up for $12, twelve dollars...... :banana:

I knew it was a first appearance, turns out it's the first appearance of the band and Valerie :)

A  Josie #45 CGC 8.0 just sold on Comic Link for $245 today......

10 hours ago, manetteska said:

To date it's the most I've spent on a raw book; time will tell if the reward was worth the risk. I flipped through it a couple times and everything is attached and all pages accounted for. Some general wear/spine creases and dimples on the back that will be taken care of.

While not garnering as much attention as the 247, the Weird Science has great colors I normally don't see when finding GA in my price range.

I'm in the Chicago suburbs, not NYC, but it kind of was just like picking them off a wall (actually out of a couple different boxes) at a store out here that was having a sale. These books weren't necessarily included in the sale, but I was given a discount for multiple/big purchases. Based on previous visits to this store I was not expecting to find these; right place right time.

My bad, but wrong metro, right idea doh! 

Congrats all the more; amazing in-store finds. I did notice the color on the EC; I've just wanted a 247 for so long it kind of blew me away. They're so rarely flat and clean.

50 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

A  Josie #45 CGC 8.0 just sold on Comic Link for $245 today......

Thanks! As there did not seem to be many graded sales for me to look at that helps!

Mine looks 5.5/5.0 I do plan to send it for grading around Christmas :)

I'll probably get it back in February so I'll post then too

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 hours ago, manetteska said:

Great find. I gotta ask, is it our favorite LCS ?