• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,044 posts in this topic

If you have an Ollie's in your area, and you like D.C. Tpb's, run, don't walk! They've got an $11 million buyout of D.C. backstock, and the prices are nice. Most of the trades are $2.99 or $3.99 (with a smattering of $1.99), hardcovers for $3.99, and archives for $6.99. Can't beat that with a bat, especially those enormous Showcase trades for $3, that's a lot of great reading!

IMG_4645.JPG

These books were kind of fun to collect and add to my Batman Adventures registry. Since it is not a series that was kept (or likely wanted) by many, three of the 5 copies are the only ones ever graded by CGC.  In addition, the #1 has only one other 9.8 and the #5 is the only 9.8 . Thank you to the amazing Mollie for helping to add these editions to the CGC Registry.

BA The Lost Years 1.jpg

BA The Lost Years 2.jpg

BA The Lost Years 3.jpg

BA The Lost Years 4.jpg

BA The Lost Years 5.jpg

17 hours ago, F For Fake said:

If you have an Ollie's in your area, and you like D.C. Tpb's, run, don't walk! They've got an $11 million buyout of D.C. backstock, and the prices are nice. Most of the trades are $2.99 or $3.99 (with a smattering of $1.99), hardcovers for $3.99, and archives for $6.99. Can't beat that with a bat, especially those enormous Showcase trades for $3, that's a lot of great reading!

IMG_4645.JPG

this is beautiful

Just got in my 9.2 and added it to the set and noticed I have gotten a mini grade run by accident.  I’m really hoping this is not how Cal got obsessed about Iron Man & Sub-Mariner since that would be a dark path to follow,

3F8355EE-0AEC-49AC-B4CE-D3C04C0BBEB8.jpeg

13 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Just got in my 9.2 and added it to the set and noticed I have gotten a mini grade run by accident.  I’m really hoping this is not how Cal got obsessed about Iron Man & Sub-Mariner since that would be a dark path to follow,

3F8355EE-0AEC-49AC-B4CE-D3C04C0BBEB8.jpeg

The two raw ones look nice too… which grade would you give them?

Really tough to say with these thick bound books.  I’m thinking 8.5 - 7.5 but who knows with CGC right now.

Edited by 1Cool

IMG_9802.jpg

A friend brought this from overseas for me.  The Korean edition.  It's Jim Lee art and cover. Get it?  Because Jim Lee is ---- you know what? nevermind.  I'm not being racist, YOU'RE being racist!

On 1/22/2018 at 6:36 PM, drotto said:

Wow got a second goody today.

20180122_150618.thumb.jpg.13bf9afcf093b377e08dcca4a23bdaea.jpg

Fanboyish behavior incoming......This sketch is AMAZING!!!! I am blown away at how good it looks. :applause::applause::applause::applause:Do you mind if I post this on my Facebook page or other forums? It is too good not to show others. Congratz on that score.

3 hours ago, MrKnowthanx said:

Fanboyish behavior incoming......This sketch is AMAZING!!!! I am blown away at how good it looks. :applause::applause::applause::applause:Do you mind if I post this on my Facebook page or other forums? It is too good not to show others. Congratz on that score.

Go ahead.  Opena is amazing and a super nice guy on top of it.  He thanked me for buying it, and seemed almost surprised a actually wanted it. He is so humble, I do not think he realizes how good he really is.

It is a bit more than a sketch, as he did a full ink wash to get the look over the pencils. 

Edited by drotto