• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,039 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, the blob said:

When were they done?

Good question. From what I can dig up online. Very little information on these editions. Seems it starts in 1977 for Archie, but seems started earlier with Marvel or DC editions? It looks to have ended in 1980 or before that. Mine is dated 1979. My dealer friend said he think about 3- 4 Archie titles were published in 1978-1979. Les Editions Heritage appeared to had stopped published the large editions after 1980 and returned back to their regular comic book format until 1987. 

The regular comic book format actually started in 1967, Archie started in 1971. They tried to do an experiment with large magazine format which I guess was a failure?

I wanted to add a note: Les Editions Heritage is a Quebec publication company in Canada. They did French language comics adapted from American comic books with permission from comic book publishers. Most of these earlier comics were in black and white pages with color covers. Later comics were in full color. 

Edited by Fan Boy
Forget to explain about the company...

14 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Good question. From what I can dig up online. Very little information on these editions. Seems it starts in 1977 for Archie, but seems started earlier with Marvel or DC editions? It looks to have ended in 1980 or before that. Mine is dated 1979. My dealer friend said he think about 3- 4 Archie titles were published in 1978-1979. Les Editions Heritage appeared to had stopped published the large editions after 1980 and returned back to their regular comic book format until 1987. 

The regular comic book format actually started in 1967, Archie started in 1971. They tried to do an experiment with large magazine format which I guess was a failure?

I wanted to add a note: Les Editions Heritage is a Quebec publication company in Canada. They did French language comics adapted from American comic books with permission from comic book publishers. Most of these earlier comics were in black and white pages with color covers. Later comics were in full color. 

Oh, ok, French Archies ..now I get it. I had never seen archies that size except maybe a European edition (more recent) that might have been a larger format.

I've added three new signatures to this guy last week at TFCon. 

Transformers_ReGen_1_Signed_35Opacity.jpg.aa3eda5aa3309ef18097a3e638b4a216.jpg

I now have 22 signatures collected on this Transformers: Generations One issue 100 cover. 

1. Guido Guidi - Comic Book Artist.  2. Michael Bell - G1 voice actor of  Prowl, bombshell, Brainstorm, First Aid, Sideswipe, and many more.

3. Dan Gilvezan - G1 voice actor of Bumblebee.

4. Frank Welker - G1 Voice actor of Megatron, Soundwave, Mirage, Sludge, Trailbreaker, Wheelie, Skywarp, and many, many, many more. 

5. Peter Cullen - G1 voice actor of Optimus Prime, Ironhide. 

6. José Delbo - Comic Artist.

7. Geoff Senior - Comic Artist.

8. Andrew Wildman - Comic Artist.

9. Casey W. Coller - Comic Artist.

10. Stephen Baskerville - Comic Inker.

11. Bob Budiansky - Comic writer & artist.

12. Nick Roche - Comic writer and artist.

13. Lee Sullivan - Comic Artist.

14. Jason Cardy - Comic Colourist.

15. Simon Furman - Comic writer.

16. John-Paul Bove - Comic colourist.

17. Gregg Burger - G1 voice actor of Grimlock. 

18. Neil Ross - The Voice of voices of Bonecrusher, Hook, Sixshot, Slag and Springer in Transformers Generation 1

19. Jack Angle - The voice of Astrotrain, Breakdown, Cyclonus, Omega Supreme, Ramjet, Smokescreen and Ultra Magnus in the Transformers Generation 1 cartoon

20. Stephen Keener - The Voice of Fortress Maximus, Hardhead, Hun-Grrr. Mindwipe, Scattershot and Scorponok in the Transformers Generation 1 cartoon.

21. Arlene Banas - The voice of Carly Witwicky in Transformers Generation 1.

22. Flint Dille - A writer and story editor who wrote episodes for numerous Sunbow Productions in the 1980s, including G.I. Joe, Inhumanoids, Visionaries, and The Transformers. As a story editor on the original Transformers cartoon, he was responsible for approving and supervising the writing of scripts, as well as maintaining continuity, and developing the origin of the Transformers.

Transformers_ReGen_1_Signed_discription.jpg

Transformers_ReGen_1_Signed_FullOpacity.jpg

Transformers_ReGen_1_Signed.jpg

Forgive me, everyone. My browser freaked out and now I have posted the same thing several times. Trying to figure out how to delete them. 

UPDATE: Well searching around the boards here seems like people have been asking how to delete posts but the option isn't available to us mere mortals. My sincere apologies. I'll keep looking into this but it doesn't look good.

Edited by Yoshi
Updates

Under options right next to edit post, choose "hide"  :foryou:

@Yoshi

Forgive me, everyone. My browser freaked out and now I have posted the same thing several times. Trying to figure out how to delete them. 

UPDATE: Well searching around the boards here seems like people have been asking how to delete posts but the option isn't available to us mere mortals. My sincere apologies. I'll keep looking into this but it doesn't look good.

Edited 1 minute ago by Yoshi 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Under options right next to edit post, choose "hide"  :foryou:

@Yoshi

UPDATE: Well searching around the boards here seems like people have been asking how to delete posts but the option isn't available to us mere mortals. My sincere apologies. I'll keep looking into this but it doesn't look good.

Edited 1 minute ago by Yoshi 

Thank you @ADAMANTIUM I hid one. Looks like you (or someone) got the other duplicates. Again, my sincere apologies.

Edited by Yoshi
Spelling