• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,964 posts in this topic

@ADAMANTIUM Hey man! Doing much better now, thank you. Really happy with some of the books I picked up before I got sick; especially the Advanced Reader's Copy on Batman: Damned. I did find a Journey into Mystery #83 for $3k, but I passed on it. Condition issues, plus its not a key I have any interest in. I still have the contact information for where its at if you feel like taking a stab at it.

5 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

@ADAMANTIUM Hey man! Doing much better now, thank you. Really happy with some of the books I picked up before I got sick; especially the Advanced Reader's Copy on Batman: Damned. I did find a Journey into Mystery #83 for $3k, but I passed on it. Condition issues, plus its not a key I have any interest in. I still have the contact information for where its at if you feel like taking a stab at it.

I'm pretty broke though haha. Good to hear your up and running!

On 12/6/2018 at 3:51 PM, JoshuaM said:

Nothing overly spectacular, but I'm slooooowly putting together a string of Amazing Spider-Man, this is the newest arrival and the earliest issue so far.

I'm doing issues 200-300 in 9.8 white. Then it grew to 200-325 lol. Knowing me I'll end up including issues 175-199 at some point. 

Anyway, I take my time.  Bargain hunt. Just sort of a leisurely pursuit I enjoy. Still a long way to go lol. 

Joshua

that is how great collections are built .... over time and with patience ...

6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

X100. This has always been my kryptonite. That is overbuying at one point in time and then later having to unload. These 10% and 15% frenzy eBay coupons do not help either.

6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Thanks, I enjoy it. I actually have #322 and #244 on the way. 3 books in a week is definitely more than normal. I'll just say Christmas gifts to myself lol.

Never in too big of a hurry.... I enjoy the long term building of the collection. 

Glad I found these boards a while ago, it's a nice resource also.

23 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm definitely tried for patience, I mean I love it and run collecting is fun, but I way overpaid for these in the excitement of run collecting... the LCS had yet another sale lol spend $50+ and get a $15 Or less free, I knew they had got most of the Phoenix run so I bought #130 & #120 and got #113 free. But now I wish I had picked up the cap 100 that would have been an upgrade :( to my current copy...

120 & 130 are only f/vf, 113 is fine

20181208_142409.jpg

20181208_142426.jpg

20181208_142446.jpg

Awesome books and love the covers on all three