• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

Late to the party on Year One (have you seen what those go for?? :cry:) but I was able to  secure this nice looking book. It’s cool because I prefer the Red Ranger to the Green one anyway! 😆 I’ll just stick to the trades for the first 12 issues. I don’t know if this one will reach the status of its predecessor but it is getting harder to find. I actually found this one on Mercari. 

6C300236-2605-4149-8028-3C02B3DEBE3E.thumb.jpeg.63f1c4715d497e8111246d8cec60d709.jpeg

On 12/8/2018 at 3:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm definitely tried for patience, I mean I love it and run collecting is fun, but I way overpaid for these in the excitement of run collecting... the LCS had yet another sale lol spend $50+ and get a $15 Or less free, I knew they had got most of the Phoenix run so I bought #130 & #120 and got #113 free. But now I wish I had picked up the cap 100 that would have been an upgrade :( to my current copy...

120 & 130 are only f/vf, 113 is fine

20181208_142409.jpg

20181208_142426.jpg

20181208_142446.jpg

Great books! I remember buying a copy of UXM 130 at a comic show at a local shopping mall. Those were always a lot of fun. I believe I paid $7 for it, and that seemed to me to be an INSANE amount of money for a comic book. But I was on my way to "collecting", and I knew it was a first appearance of a character I liked, so I splurged. I think it was around that same time that I paid $8 or so for UXM 137, Death of Phoenix. 

And 113 is one of the best covers in the run, and a great read too!

20 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Picked these over the past couple weeks.  Still need a #1 in 9.6.

37616BD3-7179-4E6F-BE8C-D54AB4415C4B.jpeg

42461B8E-526D-4A03-8518-F2D7A915593C.jpeg

8B5DE50D-5DA7-4E6A-B748-D284293E93EE.jpeg

Some of my favorite books ever! I need to get my Primer slabbed, I think it's about a 9.4 but it may be better. 9.6 is awesome, that book is tough. Congrats!

10 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Welcome to the club!

as I have no plans for signature series for this particular book, I might take a chance and send it in for grading later this month, without a press :eek: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I kept expecting to find one in the wild, but with the 10% off eBay coupon last week, I went ahead and secured this...  :shy: little bit of a spine roll, all in all not too bad.

20181212_134747.jpg

Nice, Congratulations @ADAMANTIUM(thumbsu  

I remember buying this copy and a couple other Marvel only 25 cent comics at a bookstore when they came out,  the total price was higher than expected when I checked out, just figured I grabbed more than I thought—after checking my receipt later, I was disappointed that I was charged $2.25 for each of them when it had the big only 25 cents circle on the covers.  Thought Marvel pulled a fast one on me. ( which they kind of did. 😆 ) —- All turned out good 😃

3 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Nice, Congratulations @ADAMANTIUM(thumbsu  

I remember buying this copy and a couple other Marvel only 25 cent comics at a bookstore when they came out,  the total price was higher than expected when I checked out, just figured I grabbed more than I thought—after checking my receipt later, I was disappointed that I was charged $2.25 for each of them when it had the big only 25 cents circle on the covers.  Thought Marvel pulled a fast one on me. ( which they kind of did. 😆 ) —- All turned out good 😃

At least you didn't try and return them or put them back, or even complain to the store lol marvels the real culprit ha.

I have half price books noob issues in 2016:foryou: as a noob there were several issues that I pulled out of the bins thinking that I had seen them on the boards or somewhere before...but didn't commit to buy... "bookstore" stories 

This was one of them, the Nabisco variant, and a 30 cent price variant conan, which were all mid to low grade so I put them back... there was also a runaways #1 NM that my brother had heard of, but I didn't think that he knew anything about comics, I put all these back..  (:lol

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Do you have a copy of the Return of Wolverine misprint with the starwars insert?  

No, I haven't heard of such.... I'll have to research that :foryou:

Is it like a mark jeweler but star wars?