• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2018 at 6:57 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

Yeah.  I actually found one at a store near me last month.  It was the first time I’d seen one in person, I bought it.

Which one was it? Christmas wasn't Christmas without a annual or two.:cloud9:

10 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

Arrived today! Submitted under the Crossover promotion, a PGX to CGC conversion on ASM #129. I could not be happier with how this turned out. I don't have the greatest lighting in the world for taking pictures, but this book looks amazing. Super happy with how the Crossover books came out.

Did it keep the same grade?

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did it keep the same grade?

Yes! Both of my PGX to CGC Crossover books kept their grade(s). CGC contacted me & recommended a pressing on the ASM #129, and I went with the recommendation. However, the Marvel Tales was a straight conversion, and still came out 9.8, so my experience with the Crossover service has been awesome.

I have a bunch of books out for delivery that I'll be posting once the mail gets here. Grades were what I expected, with some surprises thrown in for good measure.

Edited by BabaLament

1 minute ago, BabaLament said:

@speedcake I don't know if it required a press, but it was recommended by CGC in an e-mail, and I agreed to have it pressed. They're the experts, so I'm not going to second-guess them; especially on one of my favorite books.

So how much did it cost to  get pressed and reslabbed?  

Ok cool thx. From what I understand, a press can substantially improve a book, improve a book only a little, or even make a book prettier but not improve its grade due to other non press able flaws.

So I have to assume if cgc contacted you to recommend the press , that it at least improved the grade a little and possibly a lot as I’m not sure they’d contact you if it would only be a very small improvement ? Maybe on a big book like 129 where even a half grade improvement is significant  

4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

So how much did it cost to  get pressed and reslabbed?  

Pressing is not cheap. It would run you 60 dollars under standard tier. It's less under the lower tiers but it would take forever for you to get it back.

Assuming he submitted under standard tier it probably ran about 90 something dollars for the press + crossover regrade. That's not counting handling fee + shipping cost to & from CGC. These submissions always end up more pricey than anticipated