• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

I don't normally chase westerns, but i do sometimes, and this guy had a bunch of interesting stuff up. I didn't win what I really wanted, but these are a change of pace. Probably paid too much for the Tim Holt, but it had a Ghost Rider story and I can never afford the solo GR books in half decent shape

TIM HOLT #20 VG+ RED MASK 1950 GHOST RIDERSTRAIGHT ARROW #10 VG 1951STRAIGHT ARROW #6 VG+ 1950

On 12/24/2018 at 6:50 PM, BabaLament said:

The LCS holiday sale was outstanding to me.

I'm a huge Aliens fan, and I picked up a full set of Aliens Vs. Predator Vs. Terminator; which is surprisingly hard to find. I also found a great looking copy of DHP #24 in the bargain bin. They came out quite well.

I also (finally) sent my set of first edition, first printing Aliens books in. I knew book 2 had defects, but its for my PC, and I think it'll display great with my Aliens mini-comics & toys.

Additionally, a couple of Skottie Young signed books & a Ryan Ottley book came back. I still think these are two of the coolest guys on the planet. Skottie Young was as chill as can be, and Ottley is possibly the nicest guy on the planet. I paid for a Venom sketch commission, and he asks me, "did you get a copy of my FCBD ASM?" I told him that I'd tried hitting up a couple LCS, but they were gone by the time I got off work & got out there. Dude reaches into his art bag, pulls one out, signs it, and says, "now you've got one." That book is PC for life; it has memories attached.

Green label; they were part of the "lessons learned" submission to Dallas. Other guys who submitted with them at the show, 11/26-28/18, *still* haven't gotten their books back. I pulled my order at week 22, sent it to CGC, & have gotten it back. They're still waiting. 'Nuff said.

I'm still waiting on one box. They shipped one day after the other; one made it, the other is going to be held up over the holiday. Either way, they'll get home soon enough. Way less than 22 weeks. :P

Very happy with these books, and already putting together my next submission. :D

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

IMG_5594.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

23.JPG

24.JPG

25.JPG

26.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

IMG_5601.JPG

IMG_5597.JPG

IMG_5582.JPG

Love the DH Aliens books, a collector after my own heart! I don't do slabs for the personal collection, for the most part, but I decided to put together the Aliens mini 1-6 in 9.8, and it took me years. YEARS. It was a fun hunt, though. Congrats!