• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,027 posts in this topic

@F For Fake I love the DHC Aliens/Predator/Terminator runs, though I think NOW had an interesting take on Terminator IP. I put the entire 1992 Kenner Toys DHC mini-comic set on slab from Dallas; very tempted to do the Crossover on those since the rest of my Aliens stuff will be on CGC slab, and my OCD demands uniformity. However, they were pricey little buggers, since they required special pressing. Even though I'm less than thrilled with the service (or lack thereof) from Dallas, I still have great respect for Mr. Rickets work in the pressing shop; he turned those rolled out mini-books into something special. I also love the minis for being unique; they have never been reprinted or collected in the DHC Aliens Omnibus series. :D

The future for Aliens/Predator/Terminator material doesn't look particularly good. Bob Iger (Disney) said recently that the 20th Century Fox/Disney deal will finish up around the end of January, but that he isn't going to produce some of the more violent Fox IP. He specifically called out the Aliens & Predator franchises as being DOA on arrival at Disney, aside from work that is already in production and paid for. From what's out there, it looks like he's referring to finishing up Ridley Scott's prequel trilogy, promotional funds for the upcoming Terminator movie, the couple of Alien(s) video games that are almost out of development, etc.. Mr Iger also said that future Terminator projects are problematic due to the IP rights being split several ways. Since they pulled the Star Wars IP from DHC after the Lucasfilm buyout, I'm assuming the worst & preparing for DHC to lose the Aliens/Predator rights as well. If Disney does decide to farm out the publishing rights, I'm wagering they'll go to IDW, who already handle some of the Disney IP; but I seriously doubt Aliens or Predator will find themselves in house at Marvel. My opinion; I would love to be wrong.

This week I added:

• Absolute Batman: The Killing Joke (30th Anniversary Slipcase)
  • Age of Ultron TPB
  • Infinity (2013) TPB
  • Infinity Gauntlet TPB
  • Infinity War TPB
  • Spawn: Origins Collection HC 9 & 10

I'll have to pick up an Infinity Crusade TPB somewhere online soon.

Edited by TwoPiece
Edit: Forgot about Spawn.

12 minutes ago, Shinwar said:

🚨🚨Epic Grail/🔑Key🗝 Issue Alert!!!🚨🚨

Starting the top of the new year off with Albedo #2!!! Very grateful to finally be an owner of this VHTF book. Hasnt been pressed neither. Guess i'll send in for pressing and regrade.

*SCORE*💯

Sweet deal! :wishluck: for the regrade! :foryou:

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hey! Bird is the word! That is AWESOME CONGRATS!!

Thanks. I knew it was a good looking book when I sent it to Joey. Someone recently asked me what I thought it would come back as and I said that 8.0 was the highest I could dream of!

2 minutes ago, Bird said:
5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hey! Bird is the word! That is AWESOME CONGRATS!!

Thanks. I knew it was a good looking book when I sent it to Joey. Someone recently asked me what I thought it would come back as and I said that 8.0 was the highest I could dream of!

Long point I'm about to say :makepoint:  recently @valiantman made a point in the most graded total of Universal Blue label from CGC in 2018: IH #181 8.0 is the most slabbed grade for that book, it still ranks 141st over all books now that 2018 is over though (thumbsu even at over 10,000 slabbed IH 181's lol I had saved $1850 for an 8.0 in September of 2017, I thought I might be able to squeeze into an 8.5 but then it took it's most recent (that I noticed) hike, and I had to settle for a 7.5 from Dale Roberts..... (want to trade? lol ) it is still my grail :foryou:

33 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Long point I'm about to say :makepoint:  recently @valiantman made a point in the most graded total of Universal Blue label from CGC in 2018: IH #181 8.0 is the most slabbed grade for that book, it still ranks 141st over all books now that 2018 is over though (thumbsu even at over 10,000 slabbed IH 181's lol I had saved $1850 for an 8.0 in September of 2017, I thought I might be able to squeeze into an 8.5 but then it took it's most recent (that I noticed) hike, and I had to settle for a 7.5 from Dale Roberts..... (want to trade? lol ) it is still my grail :foryou:

I bought and then sold a 5.0 before that hike, it double during that hike! This is a keeper for now but you never know, I am a seller more than a keeper!