• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Just picked this guy up.  I like the book but it wasn’t necessarily something I was looking for.  Maybe I can use it for trade bait hm

8A5A79CD-E36A-452F-91C0-B3519513EA45.jpeg

It's a keeper! :gossip: 

Spoiler

for me lol

On 12/31/2018 at 12:26 PM, BabaLament said:

The future for Aliens/Predator/Terminator material doesn't look particularly good.

I'm not sure what is going on with Predator and Terminator right now either. Both titles had a 4-Issue mini being released in 2018 (Terminator: Sector War, Predator Hunters II) but the Terminator mini seems to have stopped at issue #2 and the Predator mini stopped at issue #3, neither title has showed up in my pull box since October. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

I'm not sure what is going on with Predator and Terminator right now either. Both titles had a 4-Issue mini being released in 2018 (Terminator: Sector War, Predator Hunters II) but the Terminator mini seems to have stopped at issue #2 and the Predator mini stopped at issue #3, neither title has showed up in my pull box since October. 

There must be line-wide delays. I can't even remember, did Aliens: Dust to Dust ever finish up? Seems like it was months between issues.

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

There must be line-wide delays. I can't even remember, did Aliens: Dust to Dust ever finish up? Seems like it was months between issues.

You are probably right about line-wide delays, i think Dust to Dust is only up to #3. 

@Jimbo749 @F For Fake Not sure what's going on with the limited series. Aliens was supposed to get another full run as Aliens: Resistance (to act as a story bridge between the Alien: Isolation video game & its soon-to-be-announced sequel), but its been radio silent on that since the announcement at NYCC. Supposedly issue #1 will drop at the end of January. Since its basically a tie-in to an almost finished game, it almost falls under the auspice of "promotional material(s) for near-complete work," which Bob Iger said in his interview that he would allow/support post-merger.

I'm also on the waiting end of Predator: Hunters II. DHC might have gotten a letter of intent from 20thCentury or Disney with polite legalese stating, "ya'll might not want to make plans for the IP beyond then end of January;" or maybe they see the writing on the wall and decided to reallocate the talent to other projects. Wouldn't be the first time a series has died on the vine.

However, DHC *did* pick up the comic adaptations for Disney's Dumbo, Aladdin, and Toy Story; so there is some business going on between the two. Maybe I've got it wrong and Disney will keep the more adult/violent IP at DHC, instead of pulling it like they did Star Wars. That would be nice.

50 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

@Jimbo749 @F For Fake Not sure what's going on with the limited series. Aliens was supposed to get another full run as Aliens: Resistance (to act as a story bridge between the Alien: Isolation video game & its soon-to-be-announced sequel), but its been radio silent on that since the announcement at NYCC. Supposedly issue #1 will drop at the end of January. Since its basically a tie-in to an almost finished game, it almost falls under the auspice of "promotional material(s) for near-complete work," which Bob Iger said in his interview that he would allow/support post-merger.

I'm also on the waiting end of Predator: Hunters II. DHC might have gotten a letter of intent from 20thCentury or Disney with polite legalese stating, "ya'll might not want to make plans for the IP beyond then end of January;" or maybe they see the writing on the wall and decided to reallocate the talent to other projects. Wouldn't be the first time a series has died on the vine.

However, DHC *did* pick up the comic adaptations for Disney's Dumbo, Aladdin, and Toy Story; so there is some business going on between the two. Maybe I've got it wrong and Disney will keep the more adult/violent IP at DHC, instead of pulling it like they did Star Wars. That would be nice.

Thanks for the information! I didn't finish Alien Isolation, but I'm glad that the franchise will continue.  

On 1/3/2019 at 6:01 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

Just picked this guy up.  I like the book but it wasn’t necessarily something I was looking for.  Maybe I can use it for trade bait hm

8A5A79CD-E36A-452F-91C0-B3519513EA45.jpeg

One of the hottest books in the hobby , good book to buy for future trade‼️‼️👍👍

Sweet deal! @F For Fake.... some nice newsstands!

I failed the C64 games I was maybe 5 lol i didn't know how to work it...

I remember the 1st wolverine game on Nintendo and the joy it brought me :foryou: watching Jack with machine guns popping out of Jack in the boxes, and those would make my dad laugh watching me play :shy:

there's some good memories from the first time being able to "control" our favorite characters!