• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,027 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2019 at 7:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sweet deal! @F For Fake.... some nice newsstands!

I failed the C64 games I was maybe 5 lol i didn't know how to work it...

I remember the 1st wolverine game on Nintendo and the joy it brought me :foryou: watching Jack with machine guns popping out of Jack in the boxes, and those would make my dad laugh watching me play :shy:

there's some good memories from the first time being able to "control" our favorite characters!

Yeah, the C64 wasn't great at "action" games, even with a controller. And this particular game wasn't easy to play regardless. As a game it was a bit of a dud, but as a piece of childhood X-fan wish fulfillment, it was the best!

It's also a world better than the first NES X-Men game, which really is a turd...though again, it has a place it my heart.

13 hours ago, Bird said:

While visiting my favorite comic shop for flip city I ran across a box of pulps and couldn't resist these two

DwWRI83W0AEDYLC.jpg

Always loved that Amazing Stories cover. I bought a big lot of low grade pulps a few years ago, and that was one of the few I held onto, though mine didn't look quite as nice. I loved "giant ladies" covers!

14 hours ago, Bird said:

While visiting my favorite comic shop for flip city I ran across a box of pulps and couldn't resist these two

DwWRI83W0AEDYLC.jpg

Pretty. Every couple of years I go on a little pulp binge. I have no frigging ides what I am buying, but if I see a pretty cover and a writer I have heard of that helps..if the price is right.

19 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

I’m getting priced out of classic cover comics but I can still buy magazines an I’m thinking about getting some of these cool cover pulps they is cheap 👏👏🎶🆒👍‼️❤️😋

Definitely! I think I paid about $2 a pop for a huge collection of low grade pulps just a couple of years ago. Lots of great stuff still floating around out there cheap!

17 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Here is the one that I meant to buy lol

So now I have 2 copies, this one is only VF- maybe 6.5 or 7.0, still happy with the price :banana:

20190109_152447.jpg

Cool! I need to break down and buy one at some point, but I keep thinking I'll eventually run across one in a 25 bin somewhere...

5 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Cool! I need to break down and buy one at some point, but I keep thinking I'll eventually run across one in a 25 bin somewhere...

I actually have 2 copies of this the 25cent and newsstand price..... 1 is at cgc, and 1 I just got yesterday. Definitely thought I'd find it in the bins too, but the price now is not too bad. I also have the Newsstand price only in 9.2 correctly labeled that I posted here last week. SO 2 of the rarest...and 1 rare...

:makepoint: my point is if you go searching on a place like ebay, it is mind numbingly easy to buy the wrong one :foryou: As the Newsstand price only also get's a notation on the label, so imo, it is easy to not see the 25 cent bullet and the Newsstand price when your going through multiple copies on a place like ebay. Don't get in a rush haha :shy: 

30 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Here's my annual purchase.  Although, it is early in the year.  Maybe time for 1 more book.  This is my first Detective Comics issue.

Detective Comics #359 003.JPG

What a looker! Congrats!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
I had a $50 shot at a low grade missing the pin up last year at half price books but it was a batman 181 lol

33 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

LCS had a flash sale...

X-Men #120 marked at $45 (upgrade to my current copy)

7.0 raw of deathmate #nn marked at $6, I got a NM copy in the raffle, thanks again @Mayor006^^

So now I have a reader ;)

Got both with tax for $41 lol i think this is how they get me, I buy the little stuff and wonder why I'm not buying big stuff rantrant:roflmao:

20190111_151719.jpg

20190111_151619.jpg

Damn that 120 looks solid!!! Very clean! What's the plan for it? CGC?