• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,964 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, F For Fake said:

After several days of single digit temps, the sun returned this weekend, and brought temperatures in the 50's and 60's with it. A gorgeous weekend for running around.

Picked up some cheap Parrillos, and a bunch of really sharp, dumb Venom books. I never see that silver 2nd print of 362, I'd forgotten they even made one.

IMG_6271.JPG

IMG_6273.JPG

IMG_6275.JPG

IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6279.JPG

IMG_6281.JPG

IMG_6283.JPG

IMG_6285.JPG

IMG_6287.JPG

IMG_6289.JPG

IMG_6291.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG

IMG_6297.JPG

IMG_6299.JPG

IMG_6300.JPG

IMG_6301.JPG

IMG_6302.JPG

IMG_6303.JPG

some great books! nice to get past that cold snap!

But gosh dang it, that is some scary art on the cover of venom tooth & claw 3! Wolvie's elbows are gonna give me nightmares tonight!Β 

4 minutes ago, speedcake said:

Hey @F For FakeΒ , are you working on Parrillo’s stuff? I have quite a few dupes if you are interested.Β 

Hey man, not really actively seeking them, just pick them up when I run across them for a buck or two. Appreciate you asking!

Someone sent me a package with postage all over it like this.Β  I want to personally say I am sorry to anyone from Punta Gorda Florida that had to wait on the line behind the seller as the cashier made sure the right amount of postage was affixed. Comic was very well packed though.Β 

IMG_8960.jpeg

18 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Someone sent me a package with postage all over it like this.Β  I want to personally say I am sorry to anyone from Punta Gorda Florida that had to wait on the line behind the seller as the cashier made sure the right amount of postage was affixed. Comic was very well packed though.Β 

IMG_8960.jpeg

That's a flat rate box, isn't it? Envelope maybe? So, what? $7.65. Bet the shipper knew that. Put the correct postage on and just dropped it off at the counter. No need for him to wait in line and check the postage and waste a clerks time.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:17 PM, Bird said:

I bought this one for the date stamp, I just love it. Appears to be from Italy?

DyWJsu9X0AAv0MD.jpg

Yes,Β  this is the import stamp applied to US comics sold in Italy, I have a couple of them and I think thay are neat. Apparently all the US comics had to pass through the customs in Naples, never saw a stamp with a different city.Β 

On 2/5/2019 at 6:04 PM, Spikenector said:

Pick up a run of Gold Digger books, here's a look at the first 5 issues from the start of the 1993 series.Β These had a extremely low print run, averaging about 2000 each, with issue #2 having a estimate 1,900 copies!

IMG_5422.JPG

Those are some tuff books! It was never my thing, but Gold Digger always brings back memories of when I was working at a comic shop (20+ years ago) and there was this guy that would call every other day or so, and ask about "furry" books. He'd ask if we had any Gold Digger, Shanda the Panda, etc. But he clearly had some sort of issues. Very robotic and odd to talk to. Then he'd ask us which issues we had, and ask us to describe the covers, and would start breathing hard. And that's when I'd hang up.

Anyway...uh, nice books!

22 hours ago, Yoshi said:

That's a flat rate box, isn't it? Envelope maybe? So, what? $7.65. Bet the shipper knew that. Put the correct postage on and just dropped it off at the counter. No need for him to wait in line and check the postage and waste a clerks time.

Cool with all those stampsπŸ‘ΊπŸ†’πŸ†’πŸ†’πŸ‘on the package