• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,964 posts in this topic

I had a GREAT Week....

I'm mainly a Silver Age Marvel and DC collector....

But from 2007 to 2012, I bought comics Weekly, I bought around 60 titles A month.

I never thought to go through the books I bought during this time to see if any had become valuable.

Last Week I was on facebook and Saw Ultimate Fallout #4 was listed for over $100...I remembered buying it the day it came out(I was a big fan of The Ultimate Line)..

This lead me to start checking to see if any of the other Books I bought from this time became Valuable or KEYS...

I found some Very good KEYS that Ive now pulled and added to me collection of KEYS-

PS.

If anyone else can list any other Issues from the 2007 to 2012 period that have become valuable or Keys, that would be great...I dont think I've found all the Valuable issues from this time yet

20190423_124852.jpg

20190423_124943.jpg

20190423_125050.jpg

20190423_125143.jpg

20190423_125227.jpg

Edited by billbrown7080

Raw and a slab...

Thanks to boardie @johnenock  for the pretty slab. Very nice 8.5. Should have been a gift grade of at least a 9.0 just because its so white...inside and out, lol. I think the tiny tear and Color-breaking crease right center is what kept it down. I posted a picture of the back cover, cause yea...it's that white. Bought the raw online from a nice fella from the UK...right about the time they really started to take off. Just got it and it's a beauty! Solid 9.6 IMHO, with a shot at 9.8.

Special Marvel Edition 15 CGC 8.5 Front.jpg

Special Marvel Edition 15 CGC 8.5 Back.jpg

The Avengers 169 Raw Front.jpg

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo

I had another good night last night going through a box of Micronaunts,X-Force and Punisher 2099....

Found some small KEYS that I previously overlooked-

Dazzler #1 is the Error Issues(Now have 13 copies of the Error issue I've found in the last month)

Also Very Happy to have found The Thor 339s...I just Learned last week that it was the first appearance of Stormbreaker...I pulled mine out of my Thor last week, but I only had 1...very excited when I found these 3 additional copies

Also pleased to find BOTH X-Force #10 and #11...I was missing them...although I must say I was disappointed with Her Role In DP2, I think had her Role been better and Audiences really LIKED her the book would be a lot HOTTER...

20190424_083936.jpg

@Wolverinex If the noise at WB about doing a Batman Beyond flick turns into a reality, that'll be a very nice book to have on hand.

I had a great week. Finished up my McFarlane Spider-Man #1 cover swipe set with Marvel Zombies #1 at 9.6, and Dark Avengers #11. I need to get Dark Avengers & Venomized variant on slab, then the set will be complete. I also picked up another set of ASM #361-363 w/ first & 2nd printings. I also picked up The Tick #1 as part of a new cover swipe project; there are eight printings, so one down & seven to go. Grabbed a set of Thrawn comics, both the recent Marvel run & the DHC adaptations of Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy; he's going to be at Comicpalooza in Houston, so I'm going to see if I can get him to use up a sharpie. ;)

20 hours ago, BabaLament said:

@Wolverinex If the noise at WB about doing a Batman Beyond flick turns into a reality, that'll be a very nice book to have on hand.

I had a great week. Finished up my McFarlane Spider-Man #1 cover swipe set with Marvel Zombies #1 at 9.6, and Dark Avengers #11. I need to get Dark Avengers & Venomized variant on slab, then the set will be complete. I also picked up another set of ASM #361-363 w/ first & 2nd printings. I also picked up The Tick #1 as part of a new cover swipe project; there are eight printings, so one down & seven to go. Grabbed a set of Thrawn comics, both the recent Marvel run & the DHC adaptations of Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy; he's going to be at Comicpalooza in Houston, so I'm going to see if I can get him to use up a sharpie. ;)

Wow!  congrats.  I love The Thrawn trilogy.  Amazing series...

Had some spare time after work and before Endgame, on Thor'sday, so I visited an LCS and picked these up:

• Detective Comics Rebirth Vol. 1: Rise of the Batmen
  • Detective Comics Rebirth Vol. 2: The Victim Syndicate
  • Detective Comics Rebirth Vol. 3: League of Shadows
  • Detective Comics #1000 1990's Variant
  • Action Comics #1000 1990's Variant

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

@F For Fake Glad you survived lol Looks to be good shopping! :whee: 

Thanks bud! Yeah, it was touch and go for a while there, my brain was fried. Great shopping time for sure!