• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,963 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Venom 3 fa knull

9.8 chc signature series

Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman.

I'm like a minor leaguer in this game(comic collecting)

Most of my collection is moderns

Still awesome!!

downloadfile-7.gif

Thanks buddy. ย I agree, itโ€™s a great book! ย About 12 years ago I got back into collecting. ย I went to a friends house and his collection/hang out is in his finished basement. ย Weโ€™d sit and talk and I would just look all around the room at all of his books on display. ย He had a copy of thisย book and a copy of Atom 1 side by side. ย I always admired them.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:08 PM, BigDaddy1 said:

Got my Batgirl #31 Artgerm variant slabbed back today. May not be worth much but really liked the cover and happy with a 9.6 grade!

IMG_1342.JPG

Says everyone who can't believe they got a 9.6 on a new modern

On 5/8/2019 at 11:45 PM, speedcake said:

How is it possible that every book Greggy shows looks like gem mint ten point ooooooohh.

what is your secret?ย lol

They're not

Hello all! First day at Comicpalooza (Houston), and Iโ€™ve had a great day. Thunderstorms last night flooded parts of the city & made getting to the convention center a pain in the butt travel wise, so itโ€™s been a slow morning in the exhibit hall.ย 

Which was perfect. Not a lot of bodies equals easy access to creators/artists for signatures & commissions. ;)

My first pickups of the day were ASM #121 & Uncanny X-Men #164. This is excellent, as Gerry Conway & Chris Claremont are here. I also brought my PC Aliens/Predator: Deadliest of the Species to get signed by Mr. Claremont.

Sam de la Rosa signed the Venom: Lethal Protector #1 Mexico Foil reprint, Venom: First Host #1 Shattered variant (LP #1 cover swipe), and True Believers: Lethal Protector #1; so Iโ€™m now the proud owner of the reasonably achievableย Venom family portrait (Red/Gold/Silver/Black/Shattered/Mexico Foil/True Believers). I keep hoping to find a white error in a barn somewhere, but so far Iโ€™ve had the same luck with that as Iโ€™ve had with winning the lotto.ย 

Many thanks to @Dork Buzzย for providing witnesses, taking the time to chat, and being a super nice guy. My mom came with us to the show this year, and she canโ€™t stop talking about what aย gentleman heย is.

Picked up Tyler Kirkhamโ€™s current ASM cover trio & Iโ€™m really happy with them. The Spider-Gwen cover is on point, and the Spider-Woman is fantastic (a character that is criminally under utilized), but the She-Venom cover is (IMHO) the standout of the three. Somebody beat me to his Blue Beetle cover OA; so I have to shop for some Blue Beetle goodies for a friendโ€™s birthday present.

Grabbed the black variant of the White Widow #1 McFarlane cover swipe because itโ€™s beautiful.

Speaking of McFarlane, I grabbed the Venomverse #1 McFarlane (Color) for a great deal.

Day one has been pretty good to me. Looking forward to the rest of the show & hope everyone else here has a great time!

ย 

8145D81D-2D65-43BF-BC0D-A8B5D38CCE19.jpeg

7F287BEE-C5A2-47FA-B51D-77CF3DFD6E28.jpeg

B8666DAA-EAF9-4EA9-9448-A2817DDB78E5.jpeg

A77A6863-70CE-4AFD-82A0-A50CC4DD70B0.jpeg

5318C3C5-9714-48F9-B84C-97E4541C30D7.jpeg

A116846C-D15B-4070-B57F-AC37224CF533.jpeg

4451B4D8-AFB4-4478-82BA-9CA4B2EEC554.jpeg

9 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

Hello all! First day at Comicpalooza (Houston), and Iโ€™ve had a great day. Thunderstorms last night flooded parts of the city & made getting to the convention center a pain in the butt travel wise, so itโ€™s been a slow morning in the exhibit hall.ย 

Which was perfect. Not a lot of bodies equals easy access to creators/artists for signatures & commissions. ;)

My first pickups of the day were ASM #121 & Uncanny X-Men #164. This is excellent, as Gerry Conway & Chris Claremont are here. I also brought my PC Aliens/Predator: Deadliest of the Species to get signed by Mr. Claremont.

Sam de la Rosa signed the Venom: Lethal Protector #1 Mexico Foil reprint, Venom: First Host #1 Shattered variant (LP #1 cover swipe), and True Believers: Lethal Protector #1; so Iโ€™m now the proud owner of the reasonably achievableย Venom family portrait (Red/Gold/Silver/Black/Shattered/Mexico Foil/True Believers). I keep hoping to find a white error in a barn somewhere, but so far Iโ€™ve had the same luck with that as Iโ€™ve had with winning the lotto.ย 

Many thanks to @Dork Buzzย for providing witnesses, taking the time to chat, and being a super nice guy. My mom came with us to the show this year, and she canโ€™t stop talking about what aย gentleman heย is.

Picked up Tyler Kirkhamโ€™s current ASM cover trio & Iโ€™m really happy with them. The Spider-Gwen cover is on point, and the Spider-Woman is fantastic (a character that is criminally under utilized), but the She-Venom cover is (IMHO) the standout of the three. Somebody beat me to his Blue Beetle cover OA; so I have to shop for some Blue Beetle goodies for a friendโ€™s birthday present.

Grabbed the black variant of the White Widow #1 McFarlane cover swipe because itโ€™s beautiful.

Speaking of McFarlane, I grabbed the Venomverse #1 McFarlane (Color) for a great deal.

Day one has been pretty good to me. Looking forward to the rest of the show & hope everyone else here has a great time!

ย 

8145D81D-2D65-43BF-BC0D-A8B5D38CCE19.jpeg

7F287BEE-C5A2-47FA-B51D-77CF3DFD6E28.jpeg

B8666DAA-EAF9-4EA9-9448-A2817DDB78E5.jpeg

A77A6863-70CE-4AFD-82A0-A50CC4DD70B0.jpeg

5318C3C5-9714-48F9-B84C-97E4541C30D7.jpeg

A116846C-D15B-4070-B57F-AC37224CF533.jpeg

4451B4D8-AFB4-4478-82BA-9CA4B2EEC554.jpeg

I'm lovingย ย that ASM 121ย 

ย 

Just now, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

It's a high grade 9 I'm thinking, 9.2 at best