• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,964 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Steelrain41 said:

I've wanted this book for a long time but didn't think I'd ever own a copy with how high the price has been. Thank God for auctions lol. I'm really happy to cross this one off the list.

IMG_20200129_170035585.jpg

Sweet that it worked out! Decent copy too (thumbsu 

I'm in that boat where $$ doesn't seem feasible lol It's a grind!

2 hours ago, Steelrain41 said:

I've wanted this book for a long time but didn't think I'd ever own a copy with how high the price has been. Thank God for auctions lol. I'm really happy to cross this one off the list.

Amazing :applause:

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 6:34 PM, Steelrain41 said:

My lone bright spot today was coming home to this baby tonight! Only 15 of the Pence variant on the census but it'll soon be 16 lol

IMG_20200127_175033122.jpg

Great book!

15 hours ago, Steelrain41 said:

I too have wanted this book for a long time, but since don't have it.  It's at the top of my want list along with WWBN #32.  One day ... :) 

On 1/17/2020 at 9:39 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I picked up Superman: Year One (all 3 issues) yesterday. By "picked up" - I mean purchased. Supposed to arrive next week. I still haven't read anything, yet, this year. That mini-series might be the jump-start for 2020.

I know a few people who crapped on it, but I actually enjoyed it.  I'm not a big Superman reader, so maybe that has something to do with it.  I liked Red Son, and that might be the only Superman story I've read all the way through, and it might not count because it was Elseworlds.  

2 minutes ago, mec3437 said:

I know a few people who crapped on it, but I actually enjoyed it.  I'm not a big Superman reader, so maybe that has something to do with it.  I liked Red Son, and that might be the only Superman story I've read all the way through, and it might not count because it was Elseworlds.  

I've read a lot of middling things about this mini-series. I gave Batman Damned a try, and it was okay. So, I'm gonna give the Black Label Superman a try (probably this weekend).

Elseworlds Superman stuff is some of the best that there is. If you haven't read Kingdom Come, I'd recommend that. It's a Justice League mini-series, but I would say Superman-centric.

Never read All-Star Superman? Some would say that it's his definitive series. Just a couple of titles to think about if you'd like to read more of him.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol bare with me

This is now my 3rd copy of this book

Given that even in 9.0, it's still an upgrade for me!

And cost only $331, which is at least $100 cheaper than my other 2 copies hahahaha, I either need to learn to put down the shovel or wave a white flag or something :insane:

I just couldn't pass up the chance to upgrade at such a low cost, but my other 2 copies I may never get my money back, which is fine, with this book not all its value is monetary with me :foryou:

But at 3 copies, even I'm wondering when enough is enough! :sumo: maybe since this copy is a "newsstand will make me feel better, haha

:shy:

2020_01_28 12_24 PM Office Lens.jpg

2020_01_28 12_25 PM Office Lens.jpg

HA At first I thought there was a big dent on the back and was going to say "Hey, get that big dent pressed out, maybe you can upgrade", and then I realized...it's a reflection of your hand.

I never claimed to be that bright. (shrug)

Congrats on adding to the hoard!

6 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

HA At first I thought there was a big dent on the back and was going to say "Hey, get that big dent pressed out, maybe you can upgrade", and then I realized...it's a reflection of your hand.

I never claimed to be that bright. (shrug)

Congrats on adding to the hoard!

Thanks! I think lol That one was hard to take a pic of, I have a cold or "the crud" and couldn't hold a still picture, unless I got right up on it, so reflection!

I get on a roll sometimes and it's hard to not look at past purchases, as I have a lot of VF's that at the time I didn't want to pony up for a NM, and in this case, the VF/NM was cheap enough :) to be due for an upgrade :wishluck: 

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks! I think lol That one was hard to take a pic of, I have a cold or "the crud" and couldn't hold a still picture, unless I got right up on it, so reflection!

I get on a roll sometimes and it's hard to not look at past purchases, as I have a lot of VF's that at the time I didn't want to pony up for a NM, and in this case, the VF/NM was cheap enough :) to be due for an upgrade :wishluck: 

I need to bite the bullet and pick up another copy at some point, but the train has left the station on what I want to pay. I picked up a 9.8 back before the first big increase in value. I paid $350 or $400 for it, which I thought was a lot, but I felt it was the right time. A few months later I sold it for $1200 (or thereabouts) which I figured was SURELY the ceiling for the book. What do they run now? $2k or more? As stated, I'm not that bright.

So I say enjoy your hoard! I don't think the book is going to tank anytime soon.