• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

High grade Gold Key pence copies are hard to find. They don't appear to have been cherished as much as the Marvels. Or perhaps they're more cherished, and all hiding in collections. 

Right?There was a thread sometime back,someone had scads of HG painted GK covers,a few d copies I think.Sorta like Charltons I guess.That Nurse Betsy-to me,that's effing hg for Chucks at that time,and for an L Mill.. :cloud9: It's getting the Encyclopedia Britannica method as we speak,flatten that nasty corner ding... :sumo:

6 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Right?There was a thread sometime back,someone had scads of HG painted GK covers,a few d copies I think.Sorta like Charltons I guess.That Nurse Betsy-to me,that's effing hg for Chucks at that time,and for an L Mill.. :cloud9: It's getting the Encyclopedia Britannica method as we speak,flatten that nasty corner ding... :sumo:

Ding dong, ding begone!

High grade Charlies are a rare thing indeed Jim. I love it when I get one, but in the main they tend to look like they've been trampled by a stampede of angry voles. Led by Fury of course. He's a trouble maker that one.

My interest as you know is to try and prove that all 833 possible pence copies exist. Condition is secondary to that, but I do love a tight glossy one. 

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

High grade Gold Key pence copies are hard to find. They don't appear to have been cherished as much as the Marvels. Or perhaps they're more cherished, and all hiding in collections. 

I am pretty much complete with GK apart from the cartoon stuff, no idea how many pence, never even considered it tbh, when my room is uncovered again, its the first thing I will check, I always loved GK, the covers were great but the inside art could be a let down

25 minutes ago, rakehell said:

On topic for once. These just landed on my desk -

Alas -

no Giant Barnabas Collins Poster Inside!

Ho hum. Still, a pound for the pair, I ain't complaining. :grin:

That's the stuff!I just read issue #23 a few days ago and the 16 page fun catalog WAS there and no fun,really :mad:

That's a real nostalgic series for me,still have my #34 that was in the very first batch of comics I remember getting at a yard sale as a bairn :cloud9:

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

That's the stuff!I just read issue #23 a few days ago and the 16 page fun catalog WAS there and no fun,really :mad:

That's a real nostalgic series for me,still have my #34 that was in the very first batch of comics I remember getting at a yard sale as a bairn :cloud9:

I had a ton of these when I was a kid. Mostly Twilight Zone & Ripley's & suchlike. Just getting around to re-acquiring a few runs.

Also, I've seen the fun catalog. You're right. Booooriiing. :insane:

8 hours ago, rakehell said:

I had a ton of these when I was a kid. Mostly Twilight Zone & Ripley's & suchlike. Just getting around to re-acquiring a few runs.

Also, I've seen the fun catalog. You're right. Booooriiing. :insane:

The spooky stuff was my fave as well.I'd like to get a vf-ish run of Tragg if it exists,like the ultimate drek with fab covers :x

11 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I'd like to get a vf-ish run of Tragg if it exists,like the ultimate drek with fab covers :x

Here's a start for you.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gold-Key-Comic-TRAGG-and-the-SKY-GODS-1975-1977-5-issues/153737178829

Condition wise, they don't look like much, but they're cheap enough. I was debating about this one myself, though I've always bent more towards the Twilight Zone type stuff. I'd love a set of the Dell Outer Limits.