• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,964 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I bought the Cap #118 off a LCS live Facebook feed! Advertised 7.5, they've been spot on in grading :headbang:

I won the hulk for free in the drawing the next day! :banana:

:tink:20200526_144654.jpg

20200526_144739.jpg

I didn't know Hulk made it to, "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"!

On 5/27/2020 at 12:05 AM, Readcomix said:

The Blitzkreig finishes a short bronze run that I think is underrated, the Blazing just doesn't come up much and I will probably try to finish the run, and the February 1940 Look Magazine...well, I'll include interior shots for those who are unfamiliar...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I bought a box lot of magazines at a live auction for $10. Nobody knew, myself included. Thankfully it mentions Supe on the cover because a lot more that know would likely not.

1 hour ago, Junkdrawer said:

I bought a box lot of magazines at a live auction for $10. Nobody knew, myself included. Thankfully it mentions Supe on the cover because a lot more that know would likely not.

So you had found one of these in a box and had never heard of it before? That must have been quite an experience to flip through in search of the cover reference and come across an 18-month-old Superman bringing Hitler and Stalin to justice. 

53 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

So you had found one of these in a box and had never heard of it before? That must have been quite an experience to flip through in search of the cover reference and come across an 18-month-old Superman bringing Hitler and Stalin to justice. 

It was an awakening. Doing the math, I was like dang this is an early Supe appearance. They say that it ignited WW2 as Look was an international publication and Adolf wasn’t the least bit thrilled that 2,Jewish lads would create character in tights taking him out. 

1 hour ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Since when does CGC recognize a news stand edition on a label, or is it depend on the book?

There has to be something significantly different about the newsstand addition to get a label notation, this case the newsstand edition is priced at $3.99, while the direct I believe is just $2.99. So specifically the price edition as noted.

Others that may just say "newsstand edition" by cgc could just be paper quality... etc are different

As far as price, there are many, 1.99, 2.99 I think a 2.49 etc.... many threads!

Check out the modern newsies thread over in the modern section for more...