• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Loved this series as a child, my first completed set. 👍

Congratulations @THE_BEYONDER, Fantastic looking copies. :headbang:

I only had the 4 as a kid.  Still have it somewhere.  Gotta go dig it out now.:smile:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 6/18/2020 at 11:23 PM, Artboy99 said:

purchased this Alien the Movie artist edition. Wonderful art by Walt Simonson including a pencil sketch signed insert. My Conan Red Nails is still my favorite artist edition but this is very cool and up there in my growing collection.

20200618_210951.jpg

20200618_211006.jpg

20200618_211024.jpg

I've got several of the artist/gallery edition books, and this one is a personal favorite. As a collector of both Alien and Simonson, it's pure heaven.

The Dark Horse art/gallery book of Miller and Simonson's Robocop vs Terminator is also very nice.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes I did! :headbang:

Congrats and good to hear upon their reopening  :)

i figured with no comic cons they're hopefully hyped to open the doors to sell anything they got in I'd imagine!

Seems to be quite a few more things or selection on the website too

Glad your happy with your purchase! Our retail store is open with a great selection of both weekly releases and half off vintage books! We also have many slabbed books like this one and many more on our website. You can always e-mail us at comics@dacardworld.com if there's something your interested in or a specific book you're looking for! Thanks again! 

3 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

20200624_164925.jpg

swing.png

fight.png

That's an awesome sig on an awesome book!

Reminds me of swinging my relative's as a kid, we all thought it was fun lol Again! Again!

Congrats on the high grade copy :headbang:

On 6/22/2020 at 9:30 PM, F For Fake said:

I've got several of the artist/gallery edition books, and this one is a personal favorite. As a collector of both Alien and Simonson, it's pure heaven.

The Dark Horse art/gallery book of Miller and Simonson's Robocop vs Terminator is also very nice.

Great art in that book.  The page that you have shown depicts the death of Brett as originally filmed, with the alien's tail curling behind him, and then impaling him.  In the finished film, the alien just grabs him and pulls him into the "rafters".  But a closeup shot of the tail curling behind Brett is inserted in the film when the alien has cornered Lambert.  If you look closely his pants do not match hers.