• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Since apparently grading standards have changed and I wasn’t aware, I’d like to show off one of three GA books I picked up this weekend.  Feast your eyes on my 6.5 copy of Batman 42: 

21B64B74-EB4B-4ABE-85DC-BB14190D94C9.jpeg

Wut? Did Dylan grade this book?

You gonna return it? (I do love that book though, just not the grade they told you it was)

10 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Wut? Did Dylan grade this book?

You gonna return it? (I do love that book though, just not the grade they told you it was)

I was being facetious.  He didn’t grade it.  I bought a small stack of books this weekend and it was one of them.  I was just poking fun at the 8.0 Giggle.  The Bats is a beater obviously.  1.8 I believe.

1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I was being facetious.  He didn’t grade it.  I bought a small stack of books this weekend and it was one of them.  I was just poking fun at the 8.0 Giggle.  The Bats is a beater obviously.  1.8 I believe.

Oh alright. Man I would still love that book, even in that grade, nice find! The colours look nice. I owned one once and sold it because someone had outlined Catwoman in pencil and it just never sat right with me. 

48 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Oh alright. Man I would still love that book, even in that grade, nice find! The colours look nice. I owned one once and sold it because someone had outlined Catwoman in pencil and it just never sat right with me. 

Thank you.  Yeah.  I’m enjoying it.  Some ding dong caused what I think to be a pretty gnarly tape pull.  And no, it wasn’t me. lol

19 minutes ago, Comics181 said:

I really should stop going to my lcs, I always walk out with a slab

20200803_173854.thumb.jpg.4773d1c11fd21643d026b8b5448ce264.jpg

Chose this over a safeguard action

I try too lol

Slabs are at least the first thing I look at, either to see how many or what books they are and grade, guestimate the value deem it worthy of my time.

Best thing I like about a lcs is bin diving and that eats up a lot of time, otherwise it would more likely be a slab one and done .....

26 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

ASM 9 CGC 4.5 006.JPG

That's pretty! I remember growing up and seeing that cover and thinking, did electro even know Spidey was there at all? Haha

I think I ended up reading a spiderman classic reprint where there was more dialogue and being relieved haha

Congrats on the book!

5 minutes ago, bobotski said:

Pirate Girl by Jeremy Bastian. Love those clean, detailed lines.

IMG_2990.JPG

And I like that they're small lines too, it makes it seem simple when you know it's not lol

So cool

1 minute ago, MGsimba77 said:

20200805_185603.jpg

20200804_144932.jpg

Man that romita sig is so neatly written, it's over the lights of the stage and makes the cover less busy, but makes it calming :) just like I imagine Romiata being lol

that 9.8 is a ^^

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Man that romita sig is so neatly written, it's over the lights of the stage and makes the cover less busy, but makes it calming :) just like I imagine Romiata being lol

that 9.8 is a ^^

She's about to knock that "Romita" right off the cover like a balloon 

3 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:
18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

that 9.8 is a ^^

She's about to knock that "Romita" right off the cover like a balloon 

She's raising the roof alright!! :x