• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,026 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Went down to the lake with the missus for the holiday weekend. Made a trip into town, she stopped in Tuesday Morning and Ross, while I visited 2nd & Charles. Comics are Buy 5 Get 5 Free, which is good if you can find at least 10 that you want! I left with a stack. Most were .95, a handful were $2 and a couple $3. I think it averaged out to about 70 cents a book, which I could live with.

Nothing life changing, but I'm good with what I dug up. I've now been able to put together a 40+ issue run of Sandman over the last two weeks for less than a buck a book,

Is that 2 issues of Ramadan?  I was happy to find what looks like NM copy of that in my LCS bargain basement recently!  Always fun paying $1 for a book with a cover price of $3.95 ;) 

If I'd just waited until now to buy all my 90s comic books I could have saved a fortune!

10 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

Is that 2 issues of Ramadan?  I was happy to find what looks like NM copy of that in my LCS bargain basement recently!  Always fun paying $1 for a book with a cover price of $3.95 ;) 

If I'd just waited until now to buy all my 90s comic books I could have saved a fortune!

Yes, two copies! They actually had four, but I thought "Eh, I've already got a couple of these at home, how many do I really need?"

Well, in many cases, that philosophy would be correct, but of course there are exceptions! I had a complete run of Sandman that I put together in the 90's, which I should have held onto based on prices for some issues. Most of the run from 30's through the end are inexpensive, but the first 10 or so (as well as 22) have popped a lot lately due to Netflix show news. I recall buying my #1 & #8 a my local shop back in the 90's, I think I paid about $60 for the 1 and maybe $30 for the 8? Definitely not going to find them for that price nowadays. So, you win some, you lose some!

14 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Went down to the lake with the missus for the holiday weekend. Made a trip into town, she stopped in Tuesday Morning and Ross, while I visited 2nd & Charles. Comics are Buy 5 Get 5 Free, which is good if you can find at least 10 that you want! I left with a stack. Most were .95, a handful were $2 and a couple $3. I think it averaged out to about 70 cents a book, which I could live with.

Nothing life changing, but I'm good with what I dug up. I've now been able to put together a 40+ issue run of Sandman over the last two weeks for less than a buck a book, so I'm happy with that. Also picked up a stack of Milestones books, though no Static, as you might except. Was surprised to find this run of Alan Moore Supremes, which is most of the run. These aren't very expensive, but it's a terrific run, and I don't find it in bargain bins very often.

All in all a fun way to kill an hour or so while the wife looked at purses or shoes or whatever it is she spends her money on. I'll have to ask her one day!

IMG_1332.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

Nice pickup! 

I really enjoyed Moore's run on Supreme too, especially the early issues

It's a shame he never got to finish 1963, but I guess what he did with Supreme is a way to see where he was going to go with it...

1 hour ago, Comics4All said:

Nice pickup! 

I really enjoyed Moore's run on Supreme too, especially the early issues

It's a shame he never got to finish 1963, but I guess what he did with Supreme is a way to see where he was going to go with it...

Yes, I had high hopes for 1963 as well, I guess it is what it is. Still seems odd that he was slumming with Image, but I guess that speaks to the deterioration of his relationship with DC and Marvel at the time. Loved his Supreme run as well as WildCATS. Both are so much better than they have any right to be!

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

Yes, I had high hopes for 1963 as well, I guess it is what it is. Still seems odd that he was slumming with Image, but I guess that speaks to the deterioration of his relationship with DC and Marvel at the time. Loved his Supreme run as well as WildCATS. Both are so much better than they have any right to be!

So, I just read 1963 recently & I didn't know that the annual was never published! :(

I enjoyed 1963, but I thought Supreme was better! Maybe the annual would have pulled it together?

I didn't know he wrote Wildcats, I will have to check those out!

It's a shame he won't work  with Marvel/DC, can you imagine the great stories he would have done?