• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,963 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, deadleg said:

Got a grail book in today. Amazingly enough the slab mostly survived being shipped in an envelope all the way from Australia. 

20201020_182442.jpg

Congrats! Can’t imagine the anxiety you felt when it arrived before you opened it and found everything ok. The sigh of relief must’ve been deafening 

18 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I would have it pressed and removed.

Yeah I'm torn, since it says Very Small amount of color touch, but who knows how big or small that is.  I got it for a good price since it was restored, compared to blue in the same grade.  Would the grading notes be specific on where the color touch is, or any other details?

If I keep it as is, its still a beauty book and I'm OK with that.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:27 PM, deadleg said:

Got a grail book in today. Amazingly enough the slab mostly survived being shipped in an envelope all the way from Australia. 

20201020_182442.jpg

Now that is cool!  Some of those Viz books are really tough. I'm more of a Lum guy myself (hence the tattoo) but I love all of Rumiko Takahashi's stuff. I have all of the Lum/Urusei Yatsura stuff, but can't recall ever running across a Ranma 1!

18 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I would have it pressed and removed.

Don't. I can spot restoration removal easier than restoration. Especially if it was C-1 removed. They have to scrape the paper, taking some of that with the color.