• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Raze said:

@IbukiLord I saw the die!mite book at my LCS, what is it about? any good or just a "hot" book?

I'm not sure if it's a hot book, first I've heard of that, had mine pre-ordered like 3 months ago cause of the Peach variants and I love Dynamite cross over events. Guessing the zombie apocalypse is coming to the universe and lots of people will die :p so far issue 1 is just a setup of sorts but they have introduced quite a few characters so far. I'm looking forward to how it plays out cause I really enjoyed Age of Chaos, so hoping this follows, it has Smiley in it so that's already a plus.

43 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

A shout out to @Wolverinex for starting this Dave Stevens journey with a lovely Christmas gift last year and to @brettfes for letting me add to it in a big way. Just a small sample of my Dave Stevens stuff that I will continue to plug away at! 

0D4EAF56-558C-4C4A-8E21-67311AC7CF5D.jpeg

Beautiful collection!!! One of the best cover artists ever. 

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Beautiful collection!!! One of the best cover artists ever. 

Definitely. I’m working my way through reading them all and the stories are never as great inside but they are worth it for the covers alone.

Im holding out on finding a copy of Space Vixens somehow some day and also the King Kong ish. Those plus his Bettie Page covers top the hunt list at the moment!

@comicginger1789 That's a great start! The great thing about collecting Dave is that you can still regularly find them in the dollar bins. Sure, there are a lot more folks hunting his work these days, but there are still a lot of clueless sellers who don't look through their 80's indie bulk books. Lots of gems out there waiting to be found. Have fun!

Edited by F For Fake

7 hours ago, greggy said:

imageproxy.jpg.594817ba8cb49bef4b9f7bf5eb0b1262.jpg

As always, @greggy knows whats up. Tons of sweet stuff, but I have to single this book out. This is one of my all time favorite covers, and I think it's a criminally underappreciated book. Took me a while to find a 9.8, but I did dig one up a few years ago, to go with my very small Giant Naked Space Babes set!

IMG_7803.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

That Dead World #10 looks pretty nice. What would you grade it at? Not an easy task finding them in high grade.

Glad you asked. I paid $60 for it. The store owner said it was his first copy in ten years. My first also. I would have been happier paying less but it’s a true NM copy. The front and back are clean w no spine stresses. Very rare for that comic. 

7 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Glad you asked. I paid $60 for it. The store owner said it was his first copy in ten years. My first also. I would have been happier paying less but it’s a true NM copy. The front and back are clean w no spine stresses. Very rare for that comic. 

Damn good price for a near mint copy though. I think they go for double that if not more raw. I've seen graded ones go for alot more. I have a 9.6 cgc graded but it took me forever to find the variant in that kind of grade for my Crow collection. Congrats to you. 

10 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Damn good price for a near mint copy though. I think they go for double that if not more raw. I've seen graded ones go for alot more. I have a 9.6 cgc graded but it took me forever to find the variant in that kind of grade for my Crow collection. Congrats to you. 

I prefer this cover to the other one