• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,964 posts in this topic

Been searching years for this early BA 9.8 ASM slabbed lot of eight comics (Snagged in one Swoop!) -    Check

In addition, included two uber-rare census population of 1 SS 9.8 SL slabs of early 80s favorite ASM comics as a kid -    Check

Hulk-Smash  special handling delivery service  -  CHECK!!!!!   :cloud9:

IMG_8959.JPG

IMG_8960.JPG

23 minutes ago, astrometric said:

Been searching years for this early BA 9.8 ASM slabbed lot of eight comics (Snagged in one Swoop!) -    Check

In addition, included two uber-rare census population of 1 SS 9.8 SL slabs of early 80s favorite ASM comics as a kid -    Check

IMG_8959.JPG

IMG_8960.JPG

So what did the slabs look like?  :wishluck:

What shipping carrier?

1 hour ago, astrometric said:

IMG_8959.JPG

IMG_8960.JPG

that looks like someone hit it with an ax.

1 hour ago, astrometric said:

Just opened everything. Slabs were all (thumbsu  Turns out everything was way overpacked inside. The outside box also was oversized. Carrier was UPS (Ground) 

Thanks for asking. 

Over the years I had this happen to me multiple times with UPS, both shipped out and received from them

Will never use them again

On 11/18/2020 at 6:29 AM, astrometric said:

Unrelated to the Hulk-Smash special delivery, I have finally reunited the pair below after many years of waiting. Now if I could just go back in time and buy back my matching ASM 300 CGC 9.8 SS TM for under $700 again (thumbsu

I find quite often, especially for registry runs, I'll grab the photo off the listing immediately after the win, and it's really more of a mechanical process. When the slab arrives in the mail, take a gander, but ultimately it just winds up in a box store away. I think it is important to sometimes take an actual moment in time and enjoy what you have. Cheers.

298299.JPG

Stuck in the same boat, I have both of these, just to darn expensive for ASM $300 right now.

That $700 SS would be an awesome find again.

Nothing. USPS may have lost a package that was in their possession on the 9th. 🤬 

I’m very disappointed, a big issue needed for my Punisher (1987) collection..the only issue on the census in CGC 9.8 :sorry:

Still hoping, have 3 more days for it to show up, before they pay the seller insurance for the package  :wishluck:

C986041A-2CA8-4C58-917B-9713F94CA0AB.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm
Insurance

1 hour ago, nepatkm said:

Nothing. USPS may have lost a package that was in their possession on the 9th. 🤬 

I’m very disappointed, a big issue needed for my Punisher (1987) collection..the only issue on the census in CGC 9.8 :sorry:

Still hoping, have 3 more days for it to show up, before they pay the seller insurance for the package  :wishluck:

What issue?

Few I picked up this week.

First this Jerry Siegel signed:cloud9:

scan0196.thumb.jpg.d461efc4efcde4a2994dac3f21d45118.jpg

Next Superman Batman # 4 Michael Turner Printers Proof 12/50 ! :acclaim::cloud9:

scan0199.thumb.jpg.cf97bef1d139d7817b7fbd9cc42206dd.jpgscan0200.thumb.jpg.8acfe9227d1eb2fa2dd0bf1d6d4f1a64.jpg

and this Web of Spider-Man 90 second print newsstand.  :censored: bindery tears otherwise (thumbsu 

scan0201.thumb.jpg.81ddb0a49cd84d8a0774d82d0beae087.jpg

8 hours ago, nepatkm said:

CBB64F6B-627C-41DC-8A5D-10E0029021C2.jpeg

Wow that looks like a fun one to try to find in 9.8

I actually do fairly well when searching for black covers. Red covers are my nemesis 😔

14 hours ago, nepatkm said:

That happened to me last month. The package took 5 weeks go get to me but it did eventually show up.