• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,027 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Crow 1-4 has got to be the best story in copper age , if not in all of comics.

Thanks! It is good, and officially the first run I've completed 

Crow 1-4 along with caliber presents 1. There is a the crow #4 I got further in this thread where I got a sketch of the crow  by barr

I tried for TMNT, but didnt quite make it

giphy-4.gif

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks! It is good, and officially the first run I've completed 

Crow 1-4 along with caliber presents 1. There is a the crow #4 I got further in this thread where I got a sketch of the crow  by barr

I tried for TMNT, but didnt quite make it

giphy-4.gif

👍

11 hours ago, Namtak said:

Weird my copy is totaly diferent wow never knew those editions mine looks like that photo never tought there were other version cool see my normal copy doesnt have the big first issue caption,i need that version in my collection thanks guys:headbang:

20210306_142457.jpg

20210306_142506.jpg

20210306_142521.jpg

There are four different versions of Mr. T and the T-Force #1. People manage to mis-describe these often. As I'm typing this, I found two or three Ebay listings that manage to get it wrong.

Two of them read "Advance Edition" in the box at upper left. Most commonly, these are the "Advance Edition" and the "Advance Edition Gold", based on whether or not the logo is actually gold foil. In that presentation folder pictured above, the one on the left is the Advance Edition Gold, with a foil logo; the one on the right is the normal Advance Edition. The ones with the gold foil logo were (at least in theory -- I've never seen an unsigned one, but at one point a handful were rumored to exist) all signed by Mr. T and are a limited (heh) edition of 10,000; these were originally distributed 1 per store in a promo package by Now. The non-foil advance edition is never numbered, but there are both signed and unsigned copies.

The other two versions have the trading card banner at top and the "1st issue" starburst at right. There are both direct market (no bar code) and newsstand (barcode at lower left) printings. Both did originally come polybagged with a card.

For #1, the gold foil copies always demand the most attention, especially complete with the presentation folder. The newsstand printing is probably the least populous, especially in either high grade or still bagged, as you might prefer. Later issues in the run are less popular, but some of them can be elusive. The series ran to issue #10. All of the later books have direct market and newsstand printings, and all of which (to my knowledge anyway) originally came polybagged. The last issue is fairly elusive in general; newsstand printings are very hard to find.

There are also two several double-sized comics, which are officially their own title according to the indicia, but don't look it from the cover. They both say "Double-Sized Issue!" in a banner at the top. The most common (first?) one has the same cover as #9 and reprints #9 and #10. Another exists with the cover of #7, reprinting #7 and #8. MCS has an image a third one with a bizarre supervillain cover in an art style totally unlike the rest of the series; I know nothing about it. So far as I know, these only exist as newsstand printings, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I really have no idea how many there are.

I'm a little sad that I'm this familiar with the title, but many years ago, I helped another collector put together the full run with variants (at least to the best of our ability)... Although I know we didn't get the double-sized ones for completion! So, yeah. That.

Edited by Qalyar

11 hours ago, Qalyar said:

There are four different versions of Mr. T and the T-Force #1. People manage to mis-describe these often. As I'm typing this, I found two or three Ebay listings that manage to get it wrong.

Two of them read "Advance Edition" in the box at upper left. Most commonly, these are the "Advance Edition" and the "Advance Edition Gold", based on whether or not the logo is actually gold foil. In that presentation folder pictured above, the one on the left is the Advance Edition Gold, with a foil logo; the one on the right is the normal Advance Edition. The ones with the gold foil logo were (at least in theory -- I've never seen an unsigned one, but at one point a handful were rumored to exist) all signed by Mr. T and are a limited (heh) edition of 10,000; these were originally distributed 1 per store in a promo package by Now. The non-foil advance edition is never numbered, but there are both signed and unsigned copies.

The other two versions have the trading card banner at top and the "1st issue" starburst at right. There are both direct market (no bar code) and newsstand (barcode at lower left) printings. Both did originally come polybagged with a card.

For #1, the gold foil copies always demand the most attention, especially complete with the presentation folder. The newsstand printing is probably the least populous, especially in either high grade or still bagged, as you might prefer. Later issues in the run are less popular, but some of them can be elusive. The series ran to issue #10. All of the later books have direct market and newsstand printings, and all of which (to my knowledge anyway) originally came polybagged. The last issue is fairly elusive in general; newsstand printings are very hard to find.

There are also two several double-sized comics, which are officially their own title according to the indicia, but don't look it from the cover. They both say "Double-Sized Issue!" in a banner at the top. The most common (first?) one has the same cover as #9 and reprints #9 and #10. Another exists with the cover of #7, reprinting #7 and #8. MCS has an image a third one with a bizarre supervillain cover in an art style totally unlike the rest of the series; I know nothing about it. So far as I know, these only exist as newsstand printings, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I really have no idea how many there are.

I'm a little sad that I'm this familiar with the title, but many years ago, I helped another collector put together the full run with variants (at least to the best of our ability)... Although I know we didn't get the double-sized ones for completion! So, yeah. That.

Thanks for learninin me something today!

I'd never seen any aside from the copies of #1&2 I have,still polybagged,coz,well,I found non bagged ones in the same oddball bin.I wonder if my loose ones are any different,never looked close,just read em and put away

18 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

5676085.jpg

Have you met him personally ,i mean sometimes he takes time and talk about comics,hes so knowlegeable on the subject its uncanny!once i brought a detective comics with batman in the mud and a knight about to pierce batman,he look at me smiles and say its an early copy i like that!.a little ofuscated i replyed its a first print sir....

He smiled and said :no no i know that but in the printing process it was an early printed one,we can see it by how the lines are thin and precise,the more they printed large and less préciser it was.

Man when he had the time id go see gim at his booth and just listen to him talk about comics,never bored me a second,hoped you had the same chance,and Nice 232 one of my favorite from Adams,the Kiss from talia at the end is classic!nuff said(thumbsu

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Love the X-Men 49-50

50 Is one of my favorite covers of all time, if not my favorite. 49 was one of the first “old” comics I bought when I was a kid. I paid $3 for a beater copy at this very same shop, 30+ years ago! 

22 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

50 Is one of my favorite covers of all time, if not my favorite. 49 was one of the first “old” comics I bought when I was a kid. I paid $3 for a beater copy at this very same shop, 30+ years ago! 

That's so awesome! All my thirty years ago shops are now gone :cry:

50 is tied with 58 for me.I know 54 is the first app. but oh boy....

Edit,my likes are back!I thought I had custom title unlimited platinum amount or something sheesh

Edited by porcupine48
tasty wangs are a Canadian punk rock group.Listen now

Well,it's been years since I looked at these and never posted before..new to you gang,except @143ksk-still have that siggy and love it sir!

157397946_489955675342298_88093993569728

Prettiest 4.0ever,till this..but I don't care!

157286756_995875494272710_26892150677660

Marvel6/66 and signed 4-20-08 couldn't be better.

The newer sigs,well,with the monkey biz,they make me uncomfy