• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,964 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Steelrain41 said:

Working on 1-10 of Avengers. This gives me 1,4,7, and now 8. 

IMG_20210308_132941664.jpg

That's a very pretty book for the grade!

3 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Well,it's been years since I looked at these and never posted before..new to you gang,except @143ksk-still have that siggy and love it sir!

157397946_489955675342298_88093993569728

Prettiest 4.0ever,till this..but I don't care!

157286756_995875494272710_26892150677660

Marvel6/66 and signed 4-20-08 couldn't be better.

The newer sigs,well,with the monkey biz,they make me uncomfy

Lovely!

2 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Lovely!

Aw shucks!

It's a keeper.I have an old seventies signature on a phm but this one is the shizzle to me.Couldn't believe the grade..till I turned it over!

And,well,I dig the numbers

9 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Aw shucks!

It's a keeper.I have an old seventies signature on a phm but this one is the shizzle to me.Couldn't believe the grade..till I turned it over!

And,well,I dig the numbers

With yellow labels I think the quality of the signature overcomes the grade most of the time. That's a high quality sig!

3 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

With yellow labels I think the quality of the signature overcomes the grade most of the time. That's a high quality sig!

I bought it in 2009/10 I think.

If ever I aquired another-not likely,I have a French Edition EH comics SS as well-I couldn't bring myself to buy any later years as the stories...true or half or whatever...it just makes me uncomfortable.If I come across my ToS #16 GOOM!💙 soon I'll pm you an image of that sig.Got in person mid seventies by an older gentleman dealer friend,it's so crisp and different.It's fountain pen and Stan was shocked my chum wanted it on the cover at that time.Looks the size of say,a cheque signature.

While not SS,it was free(the comic to me)so why would I not believe my bud?Good enough for me!

2 minutes ago, Steelrain41 said:

Thanks! It presents beautifully for the grade from the front because the back isn't nearly as pretty lol

IMG_20210308_180020452.jpg

I'd take books like that with the hefty dollars discount allll year long.

Wouldn't bug me at all.It's the back,it's not ripped,as long as it's got all ot's guts,right?

1 minute ago, Steelrain41 said:

My thoughts exactly!

I have a Strange Tales #1-huge grail book for me.Presents like a vf minus but the single staple's popped so I got it for(luckily for me!) the 2009 2.0 price of the slab it's in.A black cover from 1950.

350$ I think?I'd never ever get one now,and one of my few slabs,it looks just darling.

There's a few books like that I'd never be able to get if not for small-to me-things like that.The Spirit in my sigline-3.5 because of a popped cf-looks soooo much nicer.And in the slab,not gonna get tatty and damn it's pretty.Raws are a little different,but a snug mylar works wonders.

Preaching to the choir,I know.I guess I felt showy offy,sorry lol 

17 hours ago, littledoom said:

Some highlights from a $160 purchase over the weekend

629AAD35-AC4A-44F0-8745-8D4F49620C8D.thumb.jpeg.9ad33b61525b743a2dec1fc00d8edf52.jpeg

Beautiful.It's like you could feel the different ink textures on the fishnets.

Love that DC purple.

The Marvel Super Action #1(Cap 100 reprint) ,does it have any black ink smudge,say from production on the cover?A lot of copies I've seen do,my lol keeper-Caps face is nearly completely blacked out from time of manufacture.Looks nm besides.

1 minute ago, jason4 said:

Comic related pickup. Just waiting on corvus but wanted to share. They are awesome, iron studios rocks. 

20210309_193605.jpg

Man this look nice, and nice size comparison with the poster. Again the lighting is sweet and display nice :)

I dusted off some statues today lol they're a pain but look great when kept well. The matching bases on the statues is a nice touch too. That war hammer is pretty serious looking Haha :x

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Man this look nice, and nice size comparison with the poster. Again the lighting is sweet and display nice :)

I dusted off some statues today lol they're a pain but look great when kept well. The matching bases on the statues is a nice touch too. That war hammer is pretty serious looking Haha :x

Yes its huge! The war hammer is very detailed like all parts of these. Custom Acrylic case they are in makes all the difference. Acrylicjob.com if anyone is interested. 

3 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Yes its huge! The war hammer is very detailed like all parts of these. Custom Acrylic case they are in makes all the difference. Acrylicjob.com if anyone is interested. 

Oh wow either I'm blind or lol

But ya that acrylic is pretty clear to, nice touch!

I have my bidder ones on lazy ball bearing Susan's, and like to spin them, because the are also up high in the room. So cant always see all sides, but a custom acrylic I did not thin about, thanks for the site (thumbsu