• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, bobotski said:

Got myself some Vin Diesel lovin' :roflmao:

A common modern, but it's hard to resist the Valiant label.

image.thumb.png.087e35259b16f021ca39da0d4b432d4d.png

Dang that's cool too, I thought only the glossy version had the page border showing... ???

@valiantman

1 minute ago, Erndog said:

No, I just love the book (character).

Theres several books I have multiple copies of

OK i just dont understand,i respect your choice it took me by surprise is all,dont you want to sell some to upgrade the grade?you stunned me i just want to understand it:foryou:

1 minute ago, Erndog said:

Yes and no.  I like having multiples of my fav characters.  I used to always want just 1 but over the yrs Ive grown to appreciate  "hoarding" a few esp of books I love.

Nightwing and Gambit are a few others (I have more hoards but not pictures)

20210326_151923.jpg

IMG_20210308_093715_884.jpg

These are beautifull ,respect,im just at the opposite of the rainbow(figure of speech) its great to see different opinion but first reaction is that it shock me a lot lol good luck in your hoarding lol

1 minute ago, Namtak said:

These are beautifull ,respect,im just at the opposite of the rainbow(figure of speech) its great to see different opinion but first reaction is that it shock me a lot lol good luck in your hoarding lol

Haha all good.  At the end of the day, if you like what you collect then youll be happy lol

Cheers

2 hours ago, Erndog said:

Yes and no.  I like having multiples of my fav characters.  I used to always want just 1 but over the yrs Ive grown to appreciate  "hoarding" a few esp of books I love.

Nightwing and Gambit are a few others (I have more hoards but not pictures)

20210326_151923.jpg

IMG_20210308_093715_884.jpg

How about leaving some on the market for the rest of us :insane:

20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
21 hours ago, bobotski said:

Got myself some Vin Diesel lovin' :roflmao:

A common modern, but it's hard to resist the Valiant label.

image.thumb.png.087e35259b16f021ca39da0d4b432d4d.png

Expand  

Dang that's cool too, I thought only the glossy version had the page border showing... ???

@valiantman

I've got a few of the matte editions with a little bit of the first page showing.  The glossy version has a little bit more, the cover paper was shorter.  This one is right on that fine line between the two lengths.  The first page is showing, but it isn't a definite glossy amount.

20 hours ago, Namtak said:
20 hours ago, Erndog said:

No, I just love the book (character).

Theres several books I have multiple copies of

OK i just dont understand,i respect your choice it took me by surprise is all,dont you want to sell some to upgrade the grade?you stunned me i just want to understand it:foryou:

Since comics have value (especially slabbed comics), it's a bit like saying "if you like a company, you should only buy one share of stock".  Why just one? 

If you like it, buy 10 or 100.  Slabs, stocks, having multiples gives you options if you want to sell a few later, and perhaps you can even leave one to each of your 17 grandchildren in 50 years. :grin: :foryou:

29 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Since comics have value (especially slabbed comics), it's a bit like saying "if you like a company, you should only buy one share of stock".  Why just one? 

If you like it, buy 10 or 100.  Slabs, stocks, having multiples gives you options if you want to sell a few later, and perhaps you can even leave one to each of your 17 grandchildren in 50 years. :grin: :foryou:

The reverse of your fraction ownership lol

2 minutes ago, Namtak said:
32 minutes ago, valiantman said:

The reverse of your fraction ownership lol

I am everything... and nothing. :sumo:

49 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I've got a few of the matte editions with a little bit of the first page showing.  The glossy version has a little bit more, the cover paper was shorter.  This one is right on that fine line between the two lengths.  The first page is showing, but it isn't a definite glossy amount.

Didn't know about this quirk. Learn something new every day :)