• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,963 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I bought 5 long boxes off FB Marketplace. $400 sight unseen. I asked questions beforehand, but that was it. Roll of the dice.

It was 80's, mostly 90's and probably exactly what you would expect from a 90's collection. Tons of Image Comics and Wolverine. No Star Wars. :/ 

He told me that hadn't been gone through and been in the attic for years. That might have been the case (bags were sticking together). 

Took a few hours to go through it all and verify sold prices of some things. While they hadn't been gone through recently, keys were missing. Some price stickers on the bags seemed old, but the comics were in great condition. Most were bagged/boarded and never read (many in the original plastic baggies still).

Fun to treasure hunt, but nothing huge came out of these boxes. I was getting worried a bit until I found the comics in the last image (they are NM+ or NM/M I think).

Easily make some money on these with grading, but lots of work. Here are some highlights (almost all of these are NM or better, many others not shown were NM+ or NM/M)...

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

Edited by kevhtx

First picture is new stuff that I got in the mail this weekend. The next two pictures are from box diving into my own raws over past few days to just look for stuff to get graded....

I also found a ton of 80's GI Joe stuff (already sold my #1 and #21 that I had graded a long time ago). They were all various conditions, but many are NM or better.

IMG_3817.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_3819.jpg

Edited by kevhtx

1 hour ago, the blob said:

you didn't pay $60 for the 254, did you?

Ya that was a whoops moment, when there is a cgc 9.2 for $60 on Ebay, wasn't familiar enough with the book; although the mister miracle for $20 off sets it fairly well. 

On 4/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Mail call

The good the bad and the ugly 

20210403_191617.jpg

20210403_191634.jpg

20210403_191719.jpg

20210403_191700.jpg

10 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya that was a whoops moment, when there is a cgc 9.2 for $60 on Ebay, wasn't familiar enough with the book; although the mister miracle for $20 off sets it fairly well. 

254 is underappreciated right now, but unless it is a crazy undergraded and you think there is a 9.8 in there, it will be tough to make your money back

18 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Yesterday, I bought 5 long boxes off FB Marketplace. $400 sight unseen. I asked questions beforehand, but that was it. Roll of the dice.

It was 80's, mostly 90's and probably exactly what you would expect from a 90's collection. Tons of Image Comics and Wolverine. No Star Wars. :/ 

He told me that hadn't been gone through and been in the attic for years. That might have been the case (bags were sticking together). 

Took a few hours to go through it all and verify sold prices of some things. While they hadn't been gone through recently, keys were missing. Some price stickers on the bags seemed old, but the comics were in great condition. Most were bagged/boarded and never read (many in the original plastic baggies still).

Fun to treasure hunt, but nothing huge came out of these boxes. I was getting worried a bit until I found the comics in the last image (they are NM+ or NM/M I think).

Easily make some money on these with grading, but lots of work. Here are some highlights (almost all of these are NM or better, many others not shown were NM+ or NM/M)...

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

tough call. 5 long boxes of picked over 90s drek could be pretty bad. this might have been picked over, but perhaps years ago, so some stuff popped since then. I'm not seeing that much "meat" there... the 88s are going for good money, yes, so those pay for a box, maybe a little more, those spawns were all dollar box books other than #9 until the madness set in, preacher 2 has seen better days, x-force 1 went back to reality, some $5-10 books in there...sure, if you think some of these are 9.8s that changes the dynamic