• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,963 posts in this topic

Shiite if Im a big timer, i have about $100 a month to spend on books.

Ok i spend a little more than that. But not like FFB who im sure spends [#@$%!!!] knows how much a month on a about 2 or 3 comics headbang.gif

I don't make a lot of cash at my 9 to 5, but the proceeds from selling crack on the side can get one a lot of slabs, no doubt. Crack for Slabs, its practically a UN program.

I don't make a lot of cash at my 9 to 5, but the proceeds from selling crack on the side can get one a lot of slabs, no doubt. Crack for Slabs, its practically a UN program.

Yeah i make my comic collecting money from mugging dozens of old women a day. I feel sorry for them but my need for comics brings it on. It's not the first time my friends have come home to find me curled up in the corner clutching an X-Men 11 sobbing frantically.

Yeah i make my comic collecting money from mugging dozens of old women a day. I feel sorry for them but my need for comics brings it on. It's not the first time my friends have come home to find me curled up in the corner clutching an X-Men 11 sobbing frantically.

I'm not bothered by anything in that paragraph except the bit where you state that you were "sobbing frantically". That I'm afraid is tautology - you cannot sob frantically - sobbing is a quiet, reflective act. You can't be frantic at the same time.

Apart from that, perfect!!!

I'm not bothered by anything in that paragraph except the bit where you state that you were "sobbing frantically". That I'm afraid is tautology - you cannot sob frantically - sobbing is a quiet, reflective act. You can't be frantic at the same time.

Main Entry: sob

Pronunciation: 'säb

Function: verb

Inflected Form(s): sobbed; sob·bing

1 a : to catch the breath audibly in a spasmodic contraction of the throat b : to cry or weep with convulsive catching of the breath

2 : to make a sound like that of a sob or sobbing

makepoint.gif