• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,964 posts in this topic

picked this bad boy up...

xmen50front5jd.jpg

Just beautiiiiiful. Good job.

My favorite X-Men cover (know that I am not the only one). Steranko's #49 was cool also - I like how he draws Marvel Girl. Of his 3 X covers - my least favorite is #51 (which is nice in itself) and that's the only one I have. foreheadslap.gif

This just in, and it's one that is tough, important, and often overlooked. Back in the day, Marvel actually would follow through with their seemingly outrageous cover teasers, and this one is no exception. This is the ish that the Hulk's secret identity is a secret no more, a rather shocking concept for superheroes of the time. Plus, I think it's got a cool, dramatic cover.

Also, for some strange reason, this ish and the one that follows are much tougher to find in high grade than the other TTA issues from that time. There are only 2 slabbed copies of TTA77 above 9.2, and only 3 of TTA78 above 9.2. In contrast, theere are 10 of TTA76, and 12 each of TTA75 and 79.

tta77.jpg

This just in, and it's one that is tough, important, and often overlooked. Back in the day, Marvel actually would follow through with their seemingly outrageous cover teasers, and this one is no exception. This is the ish that the Hulk's secret identity is a secret no more, a rather shocking concept for superheroes of the time. Plus, I think it's got a cool, dramatic cover.

Also, for some strange reason, this ish and the one that follows are much tougher to find in high grade than the other TTA issues from that time. There are only 2 slabbed copies of TTA77 above 9.2, and only 3 of TTA78 above 9.2. In contrast, theere are 10 of TTA76, and 12 each of TTA75 and 79.

Absolutely, a tough issue in 9.2 or better. I just picked up the CGC 9.2 copy from Heritage's auction just because I needed it to fill in my run. I'm so close to having a CGC 9.4 or higher run from #59-101 (the Hulk issues), I can taste it. insane.gif

Since my guess is that Doug and Tom have the two 9.6's, I'm going to have to wait until another copy gets graded at least CGC 9.4, and pay some big bucks (my offer right now is 5 times guide for CGC 9.4 with at least off-white pages).

grin.gif

Spent more than I'd planned this month (who doesn't know that feeling?), and pulled the trigger on this book yesterday. $435 BIN on ebay (I believe this one was a relist at a lower price). Did I get a good deal? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif The cover is a little spotty, but it seems like a nice price according to GPA. Plus, a presentable copy of this one has been on my want list for several years but I don't want to step up and pay the premium for a VF copy. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6524870877&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Methinks this book will mean that I'm out of the running on some of the pricier items in the next heritage sig auction. Ah well, can't get 'em all. frustrated.gif Though I do have my wife's credit card numbers handy... devil.gif

This week i got a few nice deals.

These two for $20 both n/m condition

1977-12_Detective-474.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg

p.gif

I thought this comic was pretty unique so went for it. 99p ^-^

ea_1_b.JPG

Got this one for about 4 dollars. Quite a nice find methinks smile.gif

e7_1_b.JPG

Thats my collection this week!

e7_1_b.JPG

Do yourself a favor and back away from the bronze DC horror. They truly are comic crack. Nice pickup for $4 (though it's hard to tell the condition). Take a look at HOM 256, also a dollar giant. It has an amazing Wrightson Halloween cover. BTW: still looking for a VF copy of that one if anybody has an extra wink.gifpoke2.gif.

e7_1_b.JPG

Do yourself a favor and back away from the bronze DC horror. They truly are comic crack. Nice pickup for $4 (though it's hard to tell the condition). Take a look at HOM 256, also a dollar giant. It has an amazing Wrightson Halloween cover. BTW: still looking for a VF copy of that one if anybody has an extra wink.gifpoke2.gif.

Whats wrong with bronze dc horror? ive never heard anythign about this so im intreaged, im relatively new to collecting so any advice is gladly taken smile.gif

e7_1_b.JPG

Whats wrong with bronze dc horror? ive never heard anythign about this so im intreaged, im relatively new to collecting so any advice is gladly taken smile.gif

Nothing is wrong with it. I was being facetious. Bronze horror is a great genre that has been widely overlooked until the last few years. I would suggest reading the Infinte Bronze Horror Thread on the BA board...it has all the info and cover scans you will ever need. Just be sure to clear your calendar, it is 350 pages long. 893whatthe.gif

Many books in my collection are LEAVING this week. Check out Pedigree, starting Friday...

this means YOU, uclapeterg!

Aww thought i was goign to get a comment on my books from the miastro flyingdonut frown.gifhail.gif