• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,044 posts in this topic

I always liked kraven :)

Growing up with a subscription to Spiderman Classics, Kraven was my favorite

@minisink warrior

Congrats on the books!!

I might have to break down and get that copy of first black costume as well. :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

13 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Interesting back cover read - thanks

He sir :)

Watched a show about that issue and was surprised by the rationaleof comics being bad

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

this might be the least valuable comic ever posted in this thread, but I had never seen it before.  I loved all those design variants from 5-7(?) years back.  This one was obviously way earlier, and I thought really cool.

IMG_8540.jpg

3 hours ago, comicjack said:

Wha....?!!  You don't just "pick up" a Cap #12.  There's got to be a story behind this one

When the adult in you decides you can finally afford the books you've yearned for since you were a kid...

(apologies for the shiny/glary pics, I was too scared to remove the books from the bags.  lol)

Silver Surfer is/was/will always be my favorite character so I just had to grab the first issue.  Next up is to find a decently graded/priced FF48.

5993e69f1595d_SilverSurfer1.thumb.jpg.85899284198cc5c331949605bb394f39.jpg

I think for anyone who grew up in the 90s, adding ASM300 to the collection is a no brainer.  Realizing now that a grail book should be something that's impossible to attain so I guess I'm gonna have to reset my grail bar a little higher.  New grail book...AF15.

ASM300.thumb.jpg.86acb0ab9c771ea30ada5def1beca60d.jpg

This one I kinda stumbled upon.  Then kinda had it set in my head that I just had to have.  A dangerous combination for someone who's just getting into the realm of collecting as opposed to just buying books for reading.  But still, I love Rocket from both movies so it's kinda cool to say I now own a copy of his first appearance.  I guess as Bradley Cooper would say..."Oh yeah."

5993e69284a0b_IncredibleHulk271.thumb.jpg.29b48718f1eaa230ca4b22c7d64e3a68.jpg

This is one of my favorite books I've read because of the emotional impact and message it conveys.  I sent my copy off to get signed and graded at SDCC so I was looking for a new reading copy.  Found someone selling multiple copies of the book "unread" and "fresh from the distributors package" for half of everything else on eBay.  Literally bought up the last 2 copies.  Since the original copy I sent off for signing wasn't the best graded copy I could get my hands on at the time, I'll probably send off the better of the two to get signed and graded as well.

ASMv2_36.thumb.jpg.9f053005c0922cf6f0a9f4b41c6ace9f.jpg

14 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Found this bad boy at my LCS:

BandM16.jpg

I'm gonna find one of these SOME day! Congrats!