• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,964 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

This book doesn't show up for sale very often.  About a year ago I lost out when somebody sniped it from me on Ebay.

I've waited so long to get my hands on this so to say I'm happy is an understatement:banana:.

***Uncanny X-Men #268 CGC 9.8 (Second Printing JC Penny Edition)

20170824_171817.jpg.39f0e2dd2a739048dfee2ab18f8b46eb.jpg

Nice! Sold mine a couple of years ago, kinda wish I hadn't. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Never saw this book before......

HouseOfMystery#5.jpg

I am collecting this  great series,,,,, probably just the early run of issues from  1-20...

This issue,....#5,  actually seems to be one of the more commonly seen issues available for sale of the early run

imo............

Edited by 1950's war comics

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

I am collecting this  great series,,,,, probably just the early run of issues from  1-20...

This issue,....#5,  actually seems to be one of the more commonly seen issues available for sale of the early run

imo............

Well, I would have to disagree about this being a common issue. There are only 6 graded copies on the CGC census, that's SIX ! How can that be considered common ? Highest graded sees one 8.0, next highest is a 6.0 .  By contrast AF15 has nearly 2800 graded copies. Even in the title itself, House of Mystery, #1 has 80 graded, #2 - 22, #3 - 22, #4 - 14, and finally our #5 - 6.   I'm sorry but I have to disagree that #5 is one of the more commonly seen issues. Personally, I have never seen it before. 

17 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Well, I would have to disagree about this being a common issue. There are only 6 graded copies on the CGC census, that's SIX ! How can that be considered common ? Highest graded sees one 8.0, next highest is a 6.0 .  By contrast AF15 has nearly 2800 graded copies. Even in the title itself, House of Mystery, #1 has 80 graded, #2 - 22, #3 - 22, #4 - 14, and finally our #5 - 6.   I'm sorry but I have to disagree that #5 is one of the more commonly seen issues. Personally, I have never seen it before. 

Just my observation as i have been checking GA HOM on eBay every day for 5 years.......... i think issues 12 and 14 and maybe a couple others have only one CGC graded , used to be a few years ago a couple of the early issues in the teens  had zero CGC submissions.....

Edited by 1950's war comics