• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,044 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MGsimba77 said:

Damn that 120 looks solid!!! Very clean! What's the plan for it? CGC? 

well :shy: it does have indention's along the spine that don't appear to break color, but in short YES for CGC, eventually :) I only grade it about VF.... 

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

I'm a sucker for early Andru stuff! What an artist!!!

That IS awesome! I've seen a lot of those over time, but never a 9.8 candidate ^^ :foryou:

11 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

holy shnikies !

You should watch the Adam Sandler stand up that's new on Netflix, great Chris farley tribute at the end, if you can sit through the first hour. Tbh I laughed all the way through :foryou:

On 1/10/2019 at 5:21 PM, comicdonna said:

Here's my annual purchase.  Although, it is early in the year.  Maybe time for 1 more book.  This is my first Detective Comics issue.

Detective Comics #359 003.JPG

That is a helluva first issue of Tec to buy! you are a ^^

Please be my Secret Santa for this year & send it to me! :roflmao:

10 hours ago, F For Fake said:

So, a bittersweet story! Last night around 9:15 I hop on Instagram, and find that my LCS is advertising a huge original owner collection they'd just put up. Tons of keys, including ASM 1, X-men 1, Avengers 1, Daredevil 1, etc. Of course, they all sold before I'd even seen the post. On one hand, I'm bummed I missed them, because knowing my LCS, they were priced below market. On the OTHER hand, I'm kinda relieved, because I don't need to be spending that much cash.

So, as a consolation prize, I stopped by this AM and picked up some books that are in my "beat but complete" wheelhouse, including a nice little run of low grade early FF's!

20190111124630119_Page_1.jpg

20190111124630119_Page_2.jpg

20190111125122135_Page_2.jpg

20190111125122135_Page_1.jpg

20190111125122135_Page_3.jpg

20190111125122135_Page_4.jpg

Damn! I wish my LCS had those as a consolation prize!

you are a ^^

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

LCS had a flash sale...

X-Men #120 marked at $45 (upgrade to my current copy)

7.0 raw of deathmate #nn marked at $6, I got a NM copy in the raffle, thanks again @Mayor006^^

So now I have a reader ;)

Got both with tax for $41 lol i think this is how they get me, I buy the little stuff and wonder why I'm not buying big stuff rantrant:roflmao:

20190111_151719.jpg

20190111_151619.jpg

Great pickups!

Thanks guys! I have a big place in my heart for those early single digit Marvel books, but I don't often get a chance to pick up several at once in my price/grade range. These worked out perfectly! 

54 minutes ago, Talos said:

Fledgling collector here.  As soon as I saw this cover, I knew I wanted it.

B79BD20E-8E23-4B32-85BA-2C2403A2293F.jpeg

I have sets of that series and will probably slab one or two including this one. Great cover, I agree!

UPS man just left.

DwvaZz4X0AAbgZM.jpg

I have a tentative sale on the 266 to a boardie already but the others are destined for flip city! :flipbait:

6 hours ago, Bird said:

I have sets of that series and will probably slab one or two including this one. Great cover, I agree!

UPS man just left.

DwvaZz4X0AAbgZM.jpg

I have a tentative sale on the 266 to a boardie already but the others are destined for flip city! :flipbait:

Nice trio of Modern books there!

:flipbait:^^