This week in your collection?
24 24

53,231 posts in this topic

1,261 posts
26 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

$1 sale at the LCS on Saturday. Nothing of significant value, but I picked up some bronze and silver beaters to read, a few more Swampy books for my runs (I've been working for a few years to finish these ST runs for a dollar or less per book. Slow going but I'm nearly done!) and some Dejah Thoris books. I know everyone is all about the Parrillo these days (and I do like his stuff) but I think the Jusko and Anacleto covers are the books to beat. Jusko has been around so long, I think he's taken for granted. Anyway, like I said, nothing exciting, but still enough to make it worth heading up to the sale.

IMG_7712.JPG

IMG_7713.JPG

IMG_7714.JPG

Love love the Vault of Evil 9. Great Russ Heath cover! I too feel like Jusko is a bit slept on right now. 

2,130 posts
20 hours ago, deadleg said:

Love love the Vault of Evil 9. Great Russ Heath cover! I too feel like Jusko is a bit slept on right now. 

Jusko's covers on the Warlord of Mars run that Parrillo also worked on are gorgeous. I sold a full run of them that I assembled while trying to complete my Parrillo run, and a part of me wishes I'd have kept them. But they are far more common by comparison and can be picked up pretty cheaply.  

2,390 posts
4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Received this little guy on Friday:

s-l1600.jpg

Nice...I think this is the first time I've seen a piece from your collection.

Remember awhile back when you were undecided on weather to buy a 9.0 Ironman and a 9.9 spawn 1? What did you end up going with?

6,221 posts
3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Nice...I think this is the first time I've seen a piece from your collection.

Remember awhile back when you were undecided on weather to buy a 9.0 Ironman and a 9.9 spawn 1? What did you end up going with?

I've only posted a few actual pictures of my collection.

I bought neither. I'm going to buy a White Pages Iron Man #1 CGC 9.8 whenever one hits the market. Not the $60k one that has Stan Lee's signature, though. A blue label one.

2,390 posts
1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

I bought neither. I'm going to buy a White Pages Iron Man #1 CGC 9.8 whenever one hits the market. Not the $60k one that has Stan Lee's signature, though. A blue label one.

That's still about 20k. Nice.

577 posts
6 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

FYI, there is an Iron Man 1 CGC 9.8 WP on Comic Connect now.

111 posts
Posted (edited)

Los Angeles comic book haul. Most are from Goodwill but couple are from a trade I made in comic book store.

comics.jpg

Edited by godzilla43

6,221 posts
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

FYI, there is an Iron Man 1 CGC 9.8 WP on Comic Connect now.

WHAT!?

THANKS

Edit: They want $35k. lol

Edited by TwoPiece

5,923 posts
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, godzilla43 said:

Los Angeles comic book haul. Most are from Goodwill but couple are from a trade I made in comic book store.

comics.jpg

I see Dakota North poking out of there. That's my favorite worthless book to hoard. One day my ship will come in, and I'll be rich, RICH!

Edited by F For Fake