• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,964 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

.... a little scrunched corner but the rest was too nice not to pass up at the LCS 

20190728_135006.jpg

You just never give up impulse buying!

80s informercials would have LOVED you!!!!

On 7/29/2019 at 6:52 PM, BabaLament said:

That new-slab smell. :D Submitted these at Comicpalooza in May, arrived today. Many thanks to facilitator @Dork Buzz.

First off, some Venom-y goodness. True Believers: Venom - Lethal Protector, Venom: First Host (Shattered Comics Variant), & Marvel Classics (Mexico) Venom: Lethal Protector. I think I've got the reasonably achievable set knocked out; Red, Gold, Black (error), Silver (Italian), Foil (Mexico), Shattered, Venom Annual #1 Clayton Crain homage (x3), Kyle Willis (@Masochism) homage (x3). The only cover I'm missing is the white error, and I don't have the kind of income where its likely that book will end up in my collection. I might get a really good pencil & ink guy to do up a Venom blank in black & white; that's as close as I'll probably ever get. ;)

I've had the Predator #1 in my collection since I was ten years old, so I was surprised it came back in as nice a shape as it did. Even more surprised with the Predator #2. Not bad for reader copies, I'm happy as can be.

Probably going to be it for me for a little while. I took the rest of my 2019 comic budget and spent it on a shiny rock for my girlfriend; going to see if she likes it (and/or me) enough to stick around for...ever. Wish me luck!

True Believers Venom Lethal Protector.jpg

Venom First Host Shattered.jpg

Marvel Classics Venom Lethal Protector.jpg

Predator.jpg

Predator 2.jpg

Nice books. 

Best of luck with the Shiny rock and your GF 

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Gettin' Paid, Gettin' Trades Volume 190,730:

• Absolute Sandman Vol. 1
  • Absolute Sandman Vol. 2
  • Absolute Sandman Vol. 3
  • Absolute Sandman Vol. 4
  • Absolute Sandman Vol. 5
  • Absolute Sandman: Overture
  • Joker (Black Label)

Ooh, you'll like those, they are GORGEOUS books. Look so nice on the shelf together. I've never gotten around to picking up the Absolute Death volume, but it's the same sort of binding/dress. Lots of great reading and a beautiful set of books. Enjoy!

9 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Ooh, you'll like those, they are GORGEOUS books. Look so nice on the shelf together...

Yeah, I Googled the set to make sure they all had the same appearance (damn OCD), since Absolutes have varying book looks over the years. Glad they all look like they were printed in the same year! :)

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Gettin' Paid, Gettin' Trades Volume 190,730:

• Absolute Sandman Vol. 1
  • Absolute Sandman Vol. 2
  • Absolute Sandman Vol. 3
  • Absolute Sandman Vol. 4
  • Absolute Sandman Vol. 5
  • Absolute Sandman: Overture
  • Joker (Black Label)

:cloud9: 

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Ooh, you'll like those, they are GORGEOUS books. Look so nice on the shelf together. I've never gotten around to picking up the Absolute Death volume, but it's the same sort of binding/dress. Lots of great reading and a beautiful set of books. Enjoy!

They are reprinting Absolute Death sometime this year I think, so if you follow Instocktrades or the like you can nab it for around $50 when it comes out. I still haven’t got one either, or Overture. 

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

@F For Fake

@punksdropdirtysrh

Does Death heavily tie into the Sandman series? Is it a "must-own" if I'm looking to complete it?

Having not read it I’m not exactly sure, but I’d say it would be a must own if you’re a Sandman fan.