• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,035 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

recently acquired this limited edition slipcase hardcover called Compleat Aliens. This version is limited to only 50 copies and has 6 signatures by creators inside. Very cool book.

20210204_182728.jpg

20210204_182842.jpg

20210204_182920.jpg

20210204_182945.jpg

20210204_183022.jpg

Congrats! I've been looking for one of these at a not-stupid price for a looooong time. Have yet to find the right copy. Looks like a beauty!

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Congrats! I've been looking for one of these at a not-stupid price for a looooong time. Have yet to find the right copy. Looks like a beauty!

it is in nice condition, and like you I have been looking for a copy but at a better price. I paid $365 for my copy, a far cry from the $1000 they are usually listed at.

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

it is in nice condition, and like you I have been looking for a copy but at a better price. I paid $365 for my copy, a far cry from the $1000 they are usually listed at.

Nice, $365 is a sweet deal, I have rarely seen them dip below $500, and like you said, it's usually closer to a $700+ ask. That's a nice prize that should look great on your shelf!

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Nice, $365 is a sweet deal, I have rarely seen them dip below $500, and like you said, it's usually closer to a $700+ ask. That's a nice prize that should look great on your shelf!

thanks! It looks great next to my other Aliens hardcovers. Another favorite is this awesome 30th Anniversary book.

20210204_185047.jpg

20210204_185008.jpg

12 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, those library editions from DH were so beautiful. Broke my heart that Marvel got the license, because although I'm sure their ominbi will be fine, they' won't touch the quality of the library editions from DH. 

I'm a bit of an Alien collector myself.  :shy: So if you ever decide to let that Compleat HC go, you know who to talk to! ;)

IMG_9023.JPG

IMG_9024.JPG

IMG_9025.JPG

IMG_9026.JPG

IMG_9027.JPG

wow, what an amazing collection. I am especially fond of the Aliens movie poster on your wall.

20210204_192447.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

13 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

wow, what an amazing collection. I am especially fond of the Aliens movie poster on your wall.

20210204_192447.jpg

Oh wow, that is a great piece!

Thanks for the kind words. I’ve been chasing Alien stuff most of my life. I like these posters; the first is an original domestic one sheet, took me a long time to find one that was rolled and not folded. Got this one about 20 years ago. The second is a reprint of the international poster, but I’ve been hauling it around to cons for 20 or so years getting sigs. Got Goldstein, Rolston and Ross first at Dragoncon I think in 2001, Henriksen a couple of years later, Biehn a couple of years after that. Finally got Carrie Henn a couple of years ago! It’s all personalized so its only valuable to me, but to me it’s priceless!

I used to have the enormous six panel Alien poster (the width and length of six one sheets all together), and I sold it several years ago. Now I can’t find one for less than $500. doh! I try to console myself with the fact that I wouldn’t have room to display it anyway. Ha

B17C575D-54A0-42A0-AA0A-7B4476124700.jpeg

577BDD61-D73D-4920-A220-2FB13534AA34.jpeg

5AD8BF50-D842-4038-88D9-1360E25964DA.jpeg

8AB018BD-0ECD-4198-A2FD-E74F6DFC5277.jpeg

DAAED412-08E2-41FF-8D77-83A6E427F14E.jpeg

38 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Oh wow, that is a great piece!

Thanks for the kind words. I’ve been chasing Alien stuff most of my life. I like these posters; the first is an original domestic one sheet, took me a long time to find one that was rolled and not folded. Got this one about 20 years ago. The second is a reprint of the international poster, but I’ve been hauling it around to cons for 20 or so years getting sigs. Got Goldstein, Rolston and Ross first at Dragoncon I think in 2001, Henriksen a couple of years later, Biehn a couple of years after that. Finally got Carrie Henn a couple of years ago! It’s all personalized so its only valuable to me, but to me it’s priceless!

I used to have the enormous six panel Alien poster (the width and length of six one sheets all together), and I sold it several years ago. Now I can’t find one for less than $500. doh! I try to console myself with the fact that I wouldn’t have room to display it anyway. Ha

B17C575D-54A0-42A0-AA0A-7B4476124700.jpeg

577BDD61-D73D-4920-A220-2FB13534AA34.jpeg

5AD8BF50-D842-4038-88D9-1360E25964DA.jpeg

8AB018BD-0ECD-4198-A2FD-E74F6DFC5277.jpeg

DAAED412-08E2-41FF-8D77-83A6E427F14E.jpeg

I love your Aliens movie poster. "Stay Frosty" and "They Mostly Come At Night...Mostly" are awesome!

The complete Aliens cast was at a comic convention here in Alberta Canada in Calgary a few years ago (2014) and I managed to get a few signatures on my first print Dark Horse comic set. Includes a Sigourney Weaver and a Bill Paxton who signed on the inside of the back cover of the last book and wrote "Game Over Man, It's Game over!"  I thank a now departed friend for helping make that happen since I never have time at the comic shows as a vendor.

There was a first Alien film movie poster on the recent Heritage auction I wish I had won but it was not to be.

This Giger print is coming to Heritage soon and while I love it the price is expected to be in the thousands. I will just have to enjoy the one I have.

lf (1).jpg

Edited by Artboy99

10 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I love your Aliens movie poster. "Stay Frosty" and "They Mostly Come At Night...Mostly" are awesome!

The complete Aliens cast was at a comic convention here in Alberta Canada in Calgary a few years ago (2014) and I managed to get a few signatures on my first print Dark Horse comic set. Includes a Sigourney Weaver and a Bill Paxton who signed on the inside of the back cover of the last book and wrote "Game Over Man, It's Game over!"  I thank a now departed friend for helping make that happen since I never have time at the comic shows as a vendor.

There was a first Alien film movie poster on the recent Heritage auction I wish I had won but it was not to be.

This Giger print is coming to Heritage soon and while I love it the price is expected to be in the thousands. I will just have to enjoy the one I have.

lf (1).jpg

Yeah, it's gorgeous, but stuff like that is simply out of my range, so I don't even entertain the thought.

That's awesome about cast signing, I remember reading about that back when it happened and was SO jealous of the folks that got to go. I guess it's not impossible that one day Sigourney will show up at a con, but sadly Bill Paxton is no longer with us, which makes me sad for all sorts of reasons. Bill was an awesome dude who did so much amazing stuff, and that's totally awesome that you got his signature. 

One of my best friends used to live in LA, and went to a special screening of something or other at the arc light, with a special guest. It was there that he got the one signature I'm sure I'll never get: James Cameron! I may have to steal that pic from his house one day.