This week in your collection?
23 23

53,070 posts in this topic

421 posts
When i get my degree and a high paid job i will post here saying i bought lots of expensive comics! 27_laughing.gif You make me jealous!

Don't worry. The "Great Crash" is going to happen in 2004. You should be able to pick up books on the cheap then. gossip.gif

24,742 posts

Shiite if Im a big timer, i have about $100 a month to spend on books.

4,536 posts
Shiite if Im a big timer, i have about $100 a month to spend on books.

Ok i spend a little more than that. But not like FFB who im sure spends [#@$%!!!] knows how much a month on a about 2 or 3 comics headbang.gif

4,420 posts

I don't make a lot of cash at my 9 to 5, but the proceeds from selling crack on the side can get one a lot of slabs, no doubt. Crack for Slabs, its practically a UN program.

421 posts
But not like FFB who im sure spends [#@$%!!!] knows how much a month on a about 2 or 3 comics headbang.gif

He's a minimum wage public defender. His wife makes all the money and I think he has to get her permission before he buys anything.

Hi Scott. hi.gif

421 posts
I don't make a lot of cash at my 9 to 5, but the proceeds from selling crack on the side can get one a lot of slabs, no doubt. Crack for Slabs, its practically a UN program.

27_laughing.gif

4,536 posts

Yeah i make my comic collecting money from mugging dozens of old women a day. I feel sorry for them but my need for comics brings it on. It's not the first time my friends have come home to find me curled up in the corner clutching an X-Men 11 sobbing frantically.

52,631 posts

Yeah i make my comic collecting money from mugging dozens of old women a day. I feel sorry for them but my need for comics brings it on. It's not the first time my friends have come home to find me curled up in the corner clutching an X-Men 11 sobbing frantically.

I'm not bothered by anything in that paragraph except the bit where you state that you were "sobbing frantically". That I'm afraid is tautology - you cannot sob frantically - sobbing is a quiet, reflective act. You can't be frantic at the same time.

Apart from that, perfect!!!

4,536 posts

Auch wheeshed you. These damn nit pickers...

421 posts
I'm not bothered by anything in that paragraph except the bit where you state that you were "sobbing frantically". That I'm afraid is tautology - you cannot sob frantically - sobbing is a quiet, reflective act. You can't be frantic at the same time.

Main Entry: sob

Pronunciation: 'säb

Function: verb

Inflected Form(s): sobbed; sob·bing

1 a : to catch the breath audibly in a spasmodic contraction of the throat b : to cry or weep with convulsive catching of the breath

2 : to make a sound like that of a sob or sobbing

makepoint.gif

4,536 posts

Snoot y Possum is my walking talking typing dictionary smile.gif (watch this) What is the meaning of espionage? popcorn.gif

421 posts
Snoot y Possum is my walking talking typing dictionary smile.gif (watch this) What is the meaning of espionage? popcorn.gif

Main Entry: es·pi·o·nage

Pronunciation: 'es-pE-&-"näzh, -"näj, -nij

Spanish slang for the act of urinating on an aged person.

16,985 posts

How about the last month... confused-smiley-013.gif

recentbuys27mar.JPG

Jim

24,742 posts
Bring Pov over here and I'll give a demonstration. yay.gif

27_laughing.gif

4,536 posts
How about the last month... confused-smiley-013.gif

recentbuys27mar.JPG

Jim

Its people like you who make me........really want to be rich. 27_laughing.gifcloud9.gif

4,536 posts

What action comics are those i spy?

Edited by kiltman

16,985 posts
What action comics are those i spy?

#415 and 442...

Jim