• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOP-10 CB MOVIES
1 1

59 posts in this topic

This may give other boardies an idea of your tastes. Here's mine (alphabetical order):

• Avengers
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • Avengers: Infinity War
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (UE)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Iron Man
  • Man of Steel
  • The Crow
  • The Dark Knight
  • Thor: Ragnarok

Honorable Mentions: Sin City & Watchmen

There was about a 5-year stretch when my mom had one of those 15' antennas on top of her van for a CB radio... She worked at an automotive parts store, had to deliver individual parts sometimes, and they communicated via CB...

Now post your lists you heathens!

17 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

??? ---> Maximum Overdrive(thumbsu

35 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

I thought this was going to be about CB radio movies. 

1. Smokey and the Bandit

2. Convoy

3. ???

Big Trouble in Little China (at least the few times Kurt Russell used it and I love the movie).

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

This may give other boardies an idea of your tastes. Here's mine (alphabetical order):

• Avengers
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (UE)
  • Iron Man
  • Man of Steel
  • The Crow
  • The Dark Knight
  • Thor: Ragnarok

Honorable Mentions: Sin City & Watchmen

Avengers: Infinity War
The Dark Knight
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
V For Vendetta
Logan
Iron Man

Honorable Mention: Batman, Spider-Man 2

The top 4 are pretty much locked.  The rest of the list is largely interchangable.  I just didn't feel like taking the time to sort those out.

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Avengers: Infinity War
The Dark Knight
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
V For Vendetta
Logan
Iron Man

Honorable Mention: Batman, Spider-Man 2

The top 4 are pretty much locked.  The rest of the list is largely interchangable.  I just didn't feel like taking the time to sort those out.

I feel like I knew this at some point, but I did not know V for Vendetta was a comic book movie.

I love a lot of what the Russo Bros did for Tony Stark in Civil War, but pooping on Bucky being The Winter Solider and the lack of stakes, really keeps that movie far away from my list.

I could easily add in some of the others already mentioned too.  Good time to be alive and be a comic book fan with the influx of quality films even if we don't all agree on what should be on a 'best of' list.

• The Dark Knight
  • Black Panther
  • Watchmen
  • Wonder Woman
  • The Crow
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming
  • Logan
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2

CB-4

6 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

What a ripoff. I though this was about trucker movies.

I thought the movie CB-4 was going to be involved.  Very underrated Chris Rock movie.

1. Dark Knight

2. Captain America 2

3. Guardians of the Galaxy 1

4. Iron Man 1

5. Captain America 3

6. Spider-Man 2 (raimi)

7. A History of Violence

8. Avengers 1

9. Batman (1989)

10. Thor: Ragnarok

Honorable Mentions: Batman Mask of the Phantasm, Watchmen , Avengers Infinity War

Question: Do documentaries count? Because "Crumb" was absolutely flawless. If that qualifies because it focuses on the artist as subject, that would be my number 1 by a mile.

Edited by zhamlau

What!?!  No one has mentioned either of my top 2.  And, yes, they are comic book movies in the truest sense of the term - movies which capture the essence of comic books and their values:

1. Iron Giant  - the ultimate comic book movie, the central character is inspired to become a hero by reading period accurate 1950s Superman comics!  The final scene where that hero chooses to be "Superman!" still brings tears to my eyes.

2. Incredibles - This is to comic book movies what Watchmen was to Charlton heroes.  A brilliant re-imagining of the real life issues superheroes face. The "no cape" scene alone may be the most brilliant, accurate, and before then unvoiced insight on superheroes ever.

7 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

What!?!  No one has mentioned either of my top 2.  And, yes, they are comic book movies in the truest sense of the term - movies which capture the essence of comic books and their values:

I assumed a Comic Book Movie referred to a movie in which the original incarnation was in a printed format.  Garfield would have been an acceptable answer as would a Calvin and Hobbes movie (if Watterson were to ever loosen the rights on his creations).

1 minute ago, ExNihilo said:

I assumed a Comic Book Movie referred to a movie in which the original incarnation was in a printed format.  Garfield would have been an acceptable answer as would a Calvin and Hobbes movie (if Watterson were to ever loosen the rights on his creations).

A valid point, but we all know that Incredibles is a "Watchmening" of the FF. and the Iron Giant's moral center is encapsulated in this shot:

Image result for Iron giant reading comics

Close up of comic:

IronGiant.jpg

Action188.jpg

So I think both Iron Giant and Incredibles are comic book movies.

As an avid lover of Iron Giant who went to the theater to watch the recent re-release, I wouldn't consider it a comic book movie although there was a comic promo made for the movie.

The original first Blade was pretty good but the 2nd and completely forgettable 3rd erased the franchise from some peoples list of best anything.  I'm hoping it gets a refresh at some point.

Ok I will play and try to rank in order:

1. The Dark Knight
  2. Avengers: Infinity War
  3. Iron Man
  4. Batman (1989)
  5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
  6. Avengers
  7. Man of Steel
  8. Watchmen
  9. Logan
  10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

A couple of notes:

- The Dark Knight is by far the best (the acting from Heath Ledger is amazing) - in fact I wanted to include the entire trilogy as Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises would be my #11 and #12

- Batman (1989) and TMNT (1990) are sentimental choices (as I was a kid) - but I still think they are great

- I could interchange #6 through #8 without much problem

- I decided that Star Trek and Star Wars should be excluded from a Comic Book movie List as should Aliens and Predator (otherwise the list would be different as Aliens 2 would be very high on that list)