• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention 2019 ( CalComicCon)
6 6

126 posts in this topic

Show was great. The selection of books was super. CGC line was a bummer it was so congested Terry had to come in and move the line into the hallway because it was packing the room killing the foot traffic. Note to CGC if someone comes up with their books wrapped and ready to ship in the express drop off and proceeds to take 45 minutes to unwrap them so you can check them in they should be moved off to the side so the line doesn't get bottle necked. I have done express a few times and this was a time I wish I would have just paid the shipping cost and saved the hour and a half. I saw a lot of the dealers the I've seen at other California shows like A-1 and the guys that set up at Long Beach just to the right as you walk in, there was also some national guys setup like Graham cracker, Harley Lee, Super world, Torpedo comic. Terry also had a great selection of books. This show was packed I was not able to see everything even for a small venue.  The outside dealers were also fantastic super selection all around. Parking wasn't bad and it's was definitely worth the trip. SUPER FUN and I'm putting this on my shows to must go list. 

Thanks Terry and all the the staff for a great show!!!

I have a precode Atlas weakness and picked this up from Terry's booth. The rest was my purchasing was silver through copper stuff 

suspense 12.jpg

9 minutes ago, BustedFlush said:

I know that dude on the right, but who is the freak with the Marvin shirt?

I dont know , but hes got a really cool Marvin the Martian shirt.:banana:

Edited by oakman29

11 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

limiting the show to a Sunday only event should be changed, even if you live in SoCal a two day show would greatly increase attendance as well as allow out of town or states to return at a decent hour on Sunday to go to work on Monday.

At Preview Night the day before, we had ~80 people show up to buy/sell/trade comics and it was a blast! Quite a few folks flew in from out of town to participate in Preview Night as a bonus to the actual con on Sunday. It was also a nice alternative for those who couldn't make it on Sunday to still get their fix. Don't want to hijack this thread, but there's lots of pics from Preview Night posted in this thread to give you an idea:

Did anyone get good pictures of my guests?

I was so busy the whole show I was not able to start taking pictures until after 4:30.

CalComisCon2019_8.thumb.jpg.a7cf8717d2a5b1c614c39b9982b6968d.jpg

CGC had a record breaking one day show!

CalComisCon2019_1.thumb.jpg.7530d7f431e8b8c5deb8ea3727c79143.jpg

Hi Terry!

I just wanted to say thank you for everything this weekend! The extra space and tables were so great, it was a record breaking one day show!

Thanks again,

Erin

CalComisCon2019_9.thumb.jpg.bbc2cb0a5d0a685560f5e9e50ec05886.jpg

Even the Dealers on the Patio were very happy with their sales. 

by the way the weather was perfect, mid 70's light breeze.  

this is the only one i shot as i was leaving. there's even a female in this photo!! 

crowded like this or worse the whole time! great great show, thanks to terry's for putting this together and all the dealers who traveled to be there. any chance of a larger venue next year? 

cal-comiccon.jpg

37 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

this is the only one i shot as i was leaving. there's even a female in this photo!! 

crowded like this or worse the whole time! great great show, thanks to terry's for putting this together and all the dealers who traveled to be there. any chance of a larger venue next year? 

cal-comiccon.jpg

what do you mean by larger?

Tee-shirts, Pops, Root Beer , Cos-play etc?

8 hours ago, TerrysComics said:

Did anyone get good pictures of my guests?

I was so busy the whole show I was not able to start taking pictures until after 4:30.

CalComisCon2019_8.thumb.jpg.a7cf8717d2a5b1c614c39b9982b6968d.jpg

CGC had a record breaking one day show!

CalComisCon2019_1.thumb.jpg.7530d7f431e8b8c5deb8ea3727c79143.jpg

Hi Terry!

I just wanted to say thank you for everything this weekend! The extra space and tables were so great, it was a record breaking one day show!

Thanks again,

Erin

CalComisCon2019_9.thumb.jpg.bbc2cb0a5d0a685560f5e9e50ec05886.jpg

Even the Dealers on the Patio were very happy with their sales. 

by the way the weather was perfect, mid 70's light breeze.  

Did somebody say “patio dealer”?

73B4DD14-60D0-49E6-82D8-47DF7C179574.jpeg

to all Board members,

Fist I want to thank all board members that attended CalComicCon 2019! 

We had a record attendance. Many of you came from far away!

I have just made my newest catalog available on-line in a hidden
webpage, If you want to check it out go to Catalog 2019
  I have included all new purchases from the past few months and what is left from the
Jerome Wenker collection that have been processed.
 future shows I will be setting up at are:
Frankenstein Comic Book Swap: February 9th at the Eagle Lodge on Hawthorne in Portland OR,
Long Beach Comic Expo: 16-17th Feb at the Long Beach Convention center – Attending only!
San Diego Comic Fest: March 7-10th at the Four Points Sheraton, San Diego, CA.
Emerald City Comic Con: March 14th - 17th Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, WA Attending only!
Los Angeles Vintage Paperback Show: March 24th at the Glendale Civic Auditorium Glendale, CA
WonderCon: March 29th – 31st at the Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA. 
Rocky Mountain Comic book show: Sunday April 14th in Denver, CO.
Little Giant Comics Old School Comic Show: April 27th at the Everett Arena in Concord, NH
Phoenix Comic Con: May 23th -26th at the Phoenix Convention Center, Phoenix, AZ
If you are going to attend any of these shows and see something of interest in
the new catalog let me know and I will try to make sure it is at the show you attend.
                         Best Regards 
                           Terry O. 
                                  Terry's Comics

Edited by TerrysComics
not finished with url wrong