• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention 2019 ( CalComicCon)
6 6

126 posts in this topic

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, Drew Stair said:

Just booked my room! Didn't check the thread this last week so missed the early admission line but that's ok. Very excited for this one!

extended till January 7th.  Terry O.

For anybody who's waffling, you won't regret going. It's similar to old-school San Diego Comic-Con. A splendid time is guaranteed for all! You can find me at Terry Stroud's booth. I'll have loads of DC Archive Editions at 65% off of original cover price. Lots of graphic novels and books, zines, and mags about comics (stuff I've pulled from my personal comics library) at 60% off of original cover price.  I'll have some 10¢ era war from Atlas, Avon, and other publishers. Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Edited by comick1

I'm really excited about this show this year; Got some new books in literally within weeks of the show, and found a short box of Golden Age I had misplaced & rediscovered. Going to have a blast this Sunday!  Whoot!!!

On 12/26/2018 at 10:54 AM, TerrysComics said:

For board members only!

Anyone that buys admission on line CalComicCon.com/AttendeeInfo.aspx  will get a early admission line ( not sure how early yet) 

you have to buy your admission in 2018 (December 31st) to get this special admission.  Happy Boxing day!  Terry O.

Hi Terry. Any update on the time for the early admission line? 

Come  on Sunday !!!! Got my tickets, printed out directions, have my super secret want list and some cash in my war chest... 

I'm sure the room will have something I'm looking for. And hopefully it will also have some cheaper Marvel Transformers and Punisher issues, that what my 13 year old is on the lookout for.

(Got the OK from Terry to cross-promote here)

Just in case there's anyone in this thread who hasn't noticed, we're hosting a Preview Night this Saturday, the day before Cal Comic Con. It'll be at Stereo Brewing, near the con venue, from 3:00-6:00pm and it's completely free and open to anyone who wants to bring a few books to sell/trade. Limited space, RSVP in the thread or DM me. 

There will be beer & food available, and @Foolkiller has very, very generously offered to pick up the tab - cheers! 

We currently have 45+ RSVPs and there will be a lot of nice books showing up!

More details and pics of books in this post:

Cheers!

:tink: