• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cover Less Avengers #1

6 posts in this topic

Is it really worth getting a copy of Avengers #1 (1960's) That seems to be in really good shape EXCEPT it is missing it's front and back cover. All the rest of the pages are intact?

I assume this would be in the lowest grade... would this be worth grading/selling? and what are some opinions on a good selling price/value?
THANKS

CFAM in MA 

Coverless keys are good for getting signed by I think Stan Lee recently stopped -_- signing. Good for taking centerfold out if you find an Avengers #1 missing centerfold. fyi, I just bought a coverless Daredevil #2 as a $5 reader but it was missing centerfold. Think coverless Daredevil #1 is about $100 for comparison.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:30 PM, Chris.Famulari@gmail.com said:

Is it really worth getting a copy of Avengers #1 (1960's) That seems to be in really good shape EXCEPT it is missing it's front and back cover. All the rest of the pages are intact?

I assume this would be in the lowest grade... would this be worth grading/selling? and what are some opinions on a good selling price/value?
THANKS

CFAM in MA 

Yes, it is really worth it. Depending on the price you pay of course.

I would have absolutely no problem owning a Coverless/Remainder Copy of Avengers 1 if I was looking to complete my run and was on a budget which is how I collect.

If you are only looking to flip this book and make a profit then that is hit or miss, you will not know until you attempt to sell it.

There was a Coverless Avengers 1 in Poor Shape that sold for $300.00 on September 22 with only 6 bids (5 bidders), so...