• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED -- Early S.A. Flash -- Including #123 and #129!
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Nice selection of pre-150 Flash issues. I may be biased (Flash is my #1 favorite DC hero), but I think these comics had the best covers of the Silver Age. Colorful. Fun. Everything you could want. For the most part, these are nice, mid-grade books that would look good in your long boxes.

These were from an original owner collection, so I can only assume they were never cleaned, pressed, or altered in any way. 

Shipping: Flat $5 for anywhere in the US. If you buy over $150, it's free. I will ship worldwide, and it will be actual cost, minus $5 if you spend more than $150.

Payment: Paypal, checks, or money orders. 

Returns: I accept returns for reasonable reasons. Did I miss something? That's reasonable. Your wife caught you buying more comics and you want a refund? Eh... not so reasonable.

I'm sure people will want to negotiate (they always do), but an "I'll take it" in the thread trumps anything until a deal is done.

All sold, people. Thanks for all your messages.

Edited by RCheli

Flash #108 -- Good -- $90 ($107 in GD in 2018 Overstreet)

This is the worst of the bunch condition-wise. Tear at the bottom over the treadmill, and spine split from the bottom up until a half-inch from the bottom staple. Presents well. The back, however, has issues. Tears, folds, small pieces out. This is what drops it to a Good. 

Flash 108.jpg

Flash 108 b.jpg

Flash #119 -- Very Good+ -- $75 ($76 in VG in 2018 Overstreet)

I don't know if you can pinpoint when the covers started to get really, really good, but this was one of the best. Who doesn't love a good Mirror Master battle?

General wear around the edges. 1/8" spine split at bottom. Very nice, bright, presentable book.

Flash 119.jpg

Flash 119b.jpg

:news:Flash #123 -- Good+ -- SOLD ($241 in GD in 2018 Overstreet)

I am not one for amateur cleaning of comics. I won't be going out and buying a press. I won't be finding out ways to make a book look better (without restoration) because I would surely mess it up. This book, however, would be one that a person who knows what they're doing could tackle.

Right above the Flash's head is some stuff. Food? Who knows. I suspect that it could be easily removed by someone with moxie and knowhow. (That is not me.) There are some other spots around him that are there for the long haul, I suspect. Other than that, it's a pretty decent copy. Edge and general wear where I suspect it was read, but the cover and centerfold are tight.

Flash 123.jpg

Flash 123b.jpg

Flash 123 closeup.jpg

Edited by RCheli

2 minutes ago, RCheli said:

Flash #123 -- Good+ -- $250 ($241 in GD in 2018 Overstreet)

I am not one for amateur cleaning of comics. I won't be going out and buying a press. I won't be finding out ways to make a book look better (without restoration) because I would surely mess it up. This book, however, would be one that a person who knows what they're doing could tackle.

Right above the Flash's head is some stuff. Food? Who knows. I suspect that it could be easily removed by someone with moxie and knowhow. (That is not me.) There are some other spots around him that are there for the long haul, I suspect. Other than that, it's a pretty decent copy. Edge and general wear where I suspect it was read, but the cover and centerfold are tight.

Flash 123.jpg

Flash 123b.jpg

Flash 123 closeup.jpg

take

Flash #127 -- Fine -- $60 ($72 in FN in 2018 Overstreet)

Strangest Grodd ever, but Infantino had bad days every once in a while.

Bright green colors. Very small tear under the Flash's right boot. Nice copy.

Flash 127.jpg

Flash 127b.jpg

Flash #128 -- VG+ -- $45 ($48 in VG in 2018 Overstreet)

Another great cover, this one starring Flash's costume and AbraKadabra's hand.

Would be higher except for that tear/fold next to the word balloon on the right edge. Otherwise, it's solid, with general wear you'd expect for a VG-ish comic.

Flash 128.jpg

Flash 128b.jpg

:news: Flash #129 -- Fine/Very Fine -- SOLD ($81 in FN in 2018 Overstreet)

Second GA Flash (as if you well-educated folks didn't know this). Love this cover, too. Nice, bright, and clean. Lesser individuals, individuals lacking couth, would call this a VF and have no qualms against it. I have couth, my friends. I'm rolling in it.

Flash 129.jpg

Flash 129b.jpg

Edited by RCheli

(Last one for a while. I have to pick my daughter up.)

:news: Flash #133 -- Fine/Very Fine -- SOLD ($51 in FN in 2018 Overstreet)

The best Flash cover of the Silver Age. Disagree? I will fight you! I will claw your eyes out! I will go to town on your feeblemindedness! Or, more likely, I will just talk about how cool it is, with the puppet Flash and the Abra Kadabra in the poster. So many colors -- all bright. Great Gaspar Saladino lettering. It has it all!

Very nice copy. General wear for a comic in this condition.

Flash 133.jpg

Flash 133b.jpg

Edited by RCheli

4 hours ago, RCheli said:

Flash #129 -- Fine/Very Fine -- $100 ($81 in FN in 2018 Overstreet)

Second GA Flash (as if you well-educated folks didn't know this). Love this cover, too. Nice, bright, and clean. Lesser individuals, individuals lacking couth, would call this a VF and have no qualms against it. I have couth, my friends. I'm rolling in it.

Flash 129.jpg

Flash 129b.jpg

take

3 hours ago, RCheli said:

(Last one for a while. I have to pick my daughter up.)

Flash #133 -- Fine/Very Fine -- $50 ($51 in FN in 2018 Overstreet)

The best Flash cover of the Silver Age. Disagree? I will fight you! I will claw your eyes out! I will go to town on your feeblemindedness! Or, more likely, I will just talk about how cool it is, with the puppet Flash and the Abra Kadabra in the poster. So many colors -- all bright. Great Gaspar Saladino lettering. It has it all!

Very nice copy. General wear for a comic in this condition.

Flash 133.jpg

Flash 133b.jpg

take