• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SCS or am I seeing something that isn't there?

4 posts in this topic

As I've said many times before, I'm seeing the after effects of SCS more and more with the new holders. As a result, I've become more vigilant in trying to identify it before making a purchase.

Does anyone else see a subtle crunch on the right side (front) / left side (back) or am I being paranoid? Looks like the book is very snug in the inner well so I wouldn't be surprised if something went awry.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.ebcf8162cc36d3835d221ef874e9625c.jpgs-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.f58cfe1d376c7ad1f7c75245db0d1b8b.jpg

17 hours ago, MadGenius said:

As I've said many times before, I'm seeing the after effects of SCS more and more with the new holders. As a result, I've become more vigilant in trying to identify it before making a purchase.

Does anyone else see a subtle crunch on the right side (front) / left side (back) or am I being paranoid? Looks like the book is very snug in the inner well so I wouldn't be surprised if something went awry.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.ebcf8162cc36d3835d221ef874e9625c.jpgs-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.f58cfe1d376c7ad1f7c75245db0d1b8b.jpg

I submitted this book and it looks just as fine as when I submitted it raw and I didn't notice any SCS before I shipped it to ComicLink.

I assume you are attempting to buy it from the purchaser who won it from CL.

39 minutes ago, greggy said:

I submitted this book and it looks just as fine as when I submitted it raw and I didn't notice any SCS before I shipped it to ComicLink.

I assume you are attempting to buy it from the purchaser who won it from CL.

Yes, I've been looking for this book for a little and was excited to see it, but the lower third of the edge looked a little uneven. Could be poor production considering the era of the book but it also looked like it could be some crunching from SCS.