• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOP I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.... or is waterboarding legal
1 1

54 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Frank Mozz said:

Name the one thread ( just one please) that you are really sick of reading 

:foryou:

Collectors love posting their prides and joys; that's just human nature, but I am almost daily amazed by some of the books I see posted here. Collecting for many years but I am constantly adding books to my want list that I have never seen or thought of before. I do admit that I browse past just about any GA Batman/Superman or Timely that I see posted. 

Also a current topic or question may prompt you to post a certain book, I know I've done that many times before! Heck I've been here since 2004, so I know I've posted my collection a lot! Yet quite often a board member will say it's the first time they've seen that book!

Edited by Jayman

The whole run of Planet Comics.  I'm tired of it.  They aren't that great, all issues are readily available in high grade, and people make way too big of a deal about them.  I can't walk around the floor at cons without seeing multiples of rivet Planets.  People should just use them as carpet.

19 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

The whole run of Planet Comics.  I'm tired of it.  They aren't that great, all issues are readily available in high grade, and people make way too big of a deal about them.  I can't walk around the floor at cons without seeing multiples of rivet Planets.  People should just use them as carpet.

Don't tell Spyder that :fear:

On 10/22/2018 at 1:52 AM, Frank Mozz said:

Name the one book ( just one please) that you are really sick of reading about, talking about or seeing threads repeated over and over again about??? I assume many of you who have been here for years have to be exhausted by now lol. 

The one book I'm sick of seeing, hearing about, putting up with the ridiculous price hikes that it commands?

AF15.

Enough already. :preach:

It hasn’t been mentioned as much recently, so maybe others are as fed up with it as I am.  

But if I never see a reference to Suspense #3 again I won’t complain.  Not only is it a pointless book other than the cover, it’s not even the best cover on the series.  If somebody offered me any issue I would take the 8 in a heartbeat 

17 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

It hasn’t been mentioned as much recently, so maybe others are as fed up with it as I am.  

But if I never see a reference to Suspense #3 again I won’t complain.  Not only is it a pointless book other than the cover, it’s not even the best cover on the series.  If somebody offered me any issue I would take the 8 in a heartbeat 

Controversial, but I can definitely feel your POV.

I remember many moons ago when I was posting the interiors to SC # 3 to the GRR, I was very disappointed at the content. OK its an awesome cover, but for me a book has to have more going for it than that. (See GRR Page 105).

On the other hand SC # 8 (See GRR Page 151) has not only an arguably better cover (by the Guv'nor himself), well it certainly has great artistic merit, but the interior of the book is better just on face value. The splashes are absolutely awesome whereas SC #3 hasn't got a decent splash in sight.

So I would have to agree with you...never thought about it before...and even tho' it's a moot point because I'll never own either...in a parallel universe somewhere i hope I would pick 8 over 3.

Of course the argument is flawed, because it's all subjective.

On 10/22/2018 at 3:26 PM, Jayman said:

Heck I've been here since 2004, so I know I've posted my collection a lot! Yet quite often a board member will say it's the first time they've seen that book!

Newbs! :p

Anything FF or X-men or Daredevil...I know...SA, but just go look at the SA forum and see if you can avoid those topics... :cry:

BTW, here's a great cover that nobody but ME ever posts.  Just look at it...an airplane, a castle, and little medieval guys shooting arrows.  What could be cooler than that?:sumo:

16545309895_6357b91b48_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

On 10/22/2018 at 2:51 PM, entalmighty1 said:

20 hours ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Don't tell Spyder that :fear:

I agree completely.  In fact, I don't know why anyone buys them.  Everyone should probably sell their copies of these horrible books right now while they can still get a few bucks for them. 

I am actually looking to re-carpet my house with Planet Comics right now, so hit me up.

21 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Anything FF or X-men or Daredevil...I know...SA, but just go look at the SA forum and see if you can avoid those topics... :cry:

BTW, here's a great cover that nobody but ME ever posts.  Just look at it...an airplane, a castle, and little medieval guys shooting arrows.  What could be cooler than that?:sumo:

16545309895_6357b91b48_c.jpg

Cole does the best planes (oh wait, Heath is right there with him).