• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOP I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.... or is waterboarding legal
1 1

54 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, N e r V said:

The More Fun #73 price debates (don’t know what else to call it).

Its settled down now but for awhile hearing about its pros and cons was slightly tiring.

If the Aquaman movie proves big however this could get revived all over again...:p

By the looks of the trailer there is nothing to worry about. #bomb 

20 hours ago, N e r V said:

The regular version yes, but the highly sought  after Bedrock limited variant, no.

Find one, I dare you....

DA9DFE64-BA40-468C-9650-331C8D9E958A.jpeg.f6ea45eedbe0fdd4a0b9829116b80579.jpeg

Thats some longbox he’s got there...:whatthe:

Yep, that's the Flee Marquette variant you've heard tell about.  (thumbsu

I've even seen a limited edition tee...

a71fd319-6100-4913-8e72-85124762f53f_zps

Edited by Cat-Man_America

On 10/25/2018 at 6:19 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

This will likely be an unpopular POV, but I am tired of all the Romance comics.  I don’t understand the attraction.

Ok you guys have broken me down . . . My new acquisition: (but only because of the wildly inappropriate things that have been written into the text bubbles). 

Who the heck thought it was a good idea to unleash this on us kiddies??!!

31D9AA45-0E71-4A95-84B3-7A5F64AD6B3A.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 10/25/2018 at 4:19 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

This will likely be an unpopular POV, but I am tired of all the Romance comics.  I don’t understand the attraction.

Three weeks from can't take the genre to $ for a 2.5.  Inception...complete.  :devil:

I've got a nice sappy photocover with your name on it.  Resistance is futile!  :baiting:

Edited by Dr. Love

On 10/26/2018 at 8:53 PM, N e r V said:

The regular version yes, but the highly sought  after Bedrock limited variant, no.

Find one, I dare you....

DA9DFE64-BA40-468C-9650-331C8D9E958A.jpeg.f6ea45eedbe0fdd4a0b9829116b80579.jpeg

Thats some longbox he’s got there...:whatthe:

Simple folk don't get all of the extreme interest this image has garnered. A huge waste of everyone's time if you ask Dale.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:37 PM, Grantley Goddard said:

Controversial, but I can definitely feel your POV.

I remember many moons ago when I was posting the interiors to SC # 3 to the GRR, I was very disappointed at the content. OK its an awesome cover, but for me a book has to have more going for it than that. (See GRR Page 105).

On the other hand SC # 8 (See GRR Page 151) has not only an arguably better cover (by the Guv'nor himself), well it certainly has great artistic merit, but the interior of the book is better just on face value. The splashes are absolutely awesome whereas SC #3 hasn't got a decent splash in sight.

So I would have to agree with you...never thought about it before...and even tho' it's a moot point because I'll never own either...in a parallel universe somewhere i hope I would pick 8 over 3.

Of course the argument is flawed, because it's all subjective.

I prefer not only 8, but 11 as well!

59 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I prefer not only 8, but 11 as well!

Yes, I would have to agree. (The whole book is on Page 313 GRR). It does have a coupla' awesome splashes which I think were posted over in the Splash Thread some moons ago. The Devil/money cover by LBC is also sublime.This book has it all.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:43 AM, OtherEric said:

While I certainly don't speak for everyone, my (admittedly limited) interest in romance books is all down to the art, not the stories.  There were some insanely good artists working on some of the romance books, and they are beautiful to see.  The fact that a lot of (If not most) collectors ignored the books for decades means high grade, and in many cases low grade, copies can be very hard to find, sparking interest here.

I like them also for the stories.  They are often so melodramatic.

And the covers, the covers!  Not only their art, but the drama!

Edited by MusterMark