• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blank sheet covering blank
1 1

6 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, thesink said:

There’s been a series of these new blanks that have come with a blank sheet in front of the blank comic. How is this blank sheet supposed to be handled according to CGC if someone is going to sketch on the cover? 

If you are referring to the thin blank sheet over a blank cover (like the Batman #50 books), that sheet can be removed at any time by either you or the artist. Some artists don't mind it and some feel it is in the way. If it is submitted to CGC still attached, they will remove it for you before grading/encapsulation with no effect on the grade.

15 hours ago, thesink said:

There’s been a series of these new blanks that have come with a blank sheet in front of the blank comic. How is this blank sheet supposed to be handled according to CGC if someone is going to sketch on the cover? 

Don’t listen to the first response. He didn’t understand your question... the second response about the tissue paper that is on a lot of the sketch cover books is correct. It is added to protect them from getting dirty in packing and shipping from the printer, to Diamond, to the local comic shops. You can remove it yourself or CGC will remove it for you when it arrives. 

I usually fold fold it over to cover the back side of the book while an artists sketches the front.  That way any dirt or ink from their table or sketch board doesn’t soil the back side (knocking the grade down). I did that for all 6 commissions from SDCC this year and the talk came back 9.8. 

Edited by RadiantGraphix
Typo

11 minutes ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Don’t listen to the first response. He didn’t understand your question... the second response about the tissue paper that is on a lot of the sketch cover books is correct. It is added to protect them from getting dirty in packing and shipping from the printer, to Diamond, to the local comic shops. You can remove it yourself or CGC will remove it for you when it arrives. 

I usually fold fold it over to cover the back side of the book while an artists sketches the front.  That way any dirt or ink from their table or sketch board doesn’t soil the back side (knocking the grade down). I did that for all 6 commissions from SDCC this year and the talk came back 9.8. 

That is a great idea. It's often stray marks on the back blank cover that can drop the grade.