• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batavia Comic Thing 2018 - Report
1 1

29 posts in this topic

Drove 40 minutes to Batavia because of the Facebook post above.  Spent about 40 minutes looking through the long boxes of the Incredible John Haines.   Didn't buy anything.  Drove 40 minutes home.

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon
greggy is a dork

10 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Drove 40 minutes to Batavia because of the Facebook post above.  Spent about 40 minutes looking through the long boxes of the Incredible John Haines brought.   Didn't buy anything.  Drove 40 minutes home.

Is he the one who does wacky prices like having a $4.72 box? If so I am surprised you found nothing. But if they were all priced like the shotgun warriors...

It is hard to look at that much stuff and find nothing worth the price. I did this once, at silver age comics in queens. I spent 45 minutes finding the place and finding parking and they had nothing that was not 2x what I would pay. 

Edited by the blob

10 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

What...? A Shogun Warriors #13 for $24?? A steal at ten times the price!

:insane:

It is a 9.9 candidate and first app of demons on the moon, soon to be a Netflix series.

With that said, is it really any different than how many high end dealers price high grade BA books like this? I am sure they are very negotiable when it comes to unloading them if you ask, but I flip through the boxes and see plenty of books priced like they are pre cleared with CGC to get 9.8s and all you need to do is spend another $20 to slab them.

Edited by the blob

11 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Drove 40 minutes to Batavia because of the Facebook post above.  Spent about 40 minutes looking through the long boxes of the Incredible John Haines brought.   Didn't buy anything.  Drove 40 minutes home.

Best con report EVER (worship)

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Drove 40 minutes to Batavia because of the Facebook post above.  Spent about 40 minutes looking through the long boxes of the Incredible John Haines.   Didn't buy anything.  Drove 40 minutes home.

I'll try to make you feel a bit better.  2 years ago, I drove 45 minutes to a John Haines show in Batavia only to find that the show had been canceled.  No email, no facebook, no communication of cancellation.  To top it off, I received one of his mailers about a week prior announcing the CosmicCon.

5 minutes ago, cupny said:
On 10/21/2018 at 9:54 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I'll try to make you feel a bit better.  2 years ago, I drove 45 minutes to a John Haines show in Batavia only to find that the show had been canceled.  No email, no facebook, no communication of cancellation.  To top it off, I received one of his mailers about a week prior announcing the CosmicCon.

I can totally see that happening.  

16 minutes ago, cupny said:

my guess is you are talking about Ted Hanes not John Haines...….I am from the buffalo area and don't frequent Teds shows too often. 

there is a Joe d show in Niagara falls this saturday10/28/18 I probably will check this out. I did not go to the Batavia show this past Sunday, never got information about it but I don't frequent facebook  at all and not too may social media sites...….