• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It seems Paypal has stopped providing eBay sellers with the buyers email address.
1 1

22 posts in this topic

I noticed this too last week.

The current workaround is to click on the "Refund this payment" button on the page.  This will load a page that has the additional contact information, including the buyer's email address.

Just make sure not to issue any refunds when you don't mean to.  (thumbsu

I tried to print a label for a package that was not an ebay sale. Previously, I could use the multi order shipping tool and print labels for any package - boxes to family, forum sales, etc even if no payment was received through Paypal. Now, the multi order tool seems to be gone and I had to go to the post office for a box last week. Can you no longer print shipping labels for non-ebay? I'm using the personal Paypal account. Maybe the business account is different.

3 hours ago, Shrevvy said:

I tried to print a label for a package that was not an ebay sale. Previously, I could use the multi order shipping tool and print labels for any package - boxes to family, forum sales, etc even if no payment was received through Paypal. Now, the multi order tool seems to be gone and I had to go to the post office for a box last week. Can you no longer print shipping labels for non-ebay? I'm using the personal Paypal account. Maybe the business account is different.

At the risk of becoming the PayPal guy...

I have a regular PayPal account.  I haven't upgraded to Business as far as I know.

On the main page when I log in, I see the "Manage MultiOrder Shipping" button on the righthand panel.  Clicking on that, there is a list of all the orders that need labels purchased.  Towards the top right, I see a "Create Shipment" button.  I believe that's what you're looking for.  Hopefully it's still there for you.

If you don't see any of this, you may need to click around to find your "Seller Tools", as that's the section this is under (same section where you can find your Manage Invoices link).

Edited by masterlogan2000
fixed typo

9 hours ago, electricprune said:

I happened to be looking for an email yesterday from a transaction in June. There was no email on that one either. It looks like PayPal has scrubbed even some older transactions.

Thanks for the heads up, ml.

Paypal had a problem a few months ago where they didn't issue emails for transactions. They said it was a glitch.

10 minutes ago, g-man said:

doesn't ebay own paypal? 

they used to, but haven't for a long time.

17 minutes ago, g-man said:

doesn't ebay own paypal? 

eebay spun off Paypal as a separate company back in 2015.

They agreed to keep Paypal as a payment option for customers for a few more years.

Adyen was eventually suppose to be the main payment option for "the bay"

4 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

H-O-W?

easy-I'll get someone who's an expert in handling stuff-

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

Uh oh. We are doomed!

son of a-

somehow I cant help but feel responsible-

On 10/22/2018 at 7:13 AM, Shrevvy said:

https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/

On 10/21/2018 at 9:51 PM, lhcomics said:

Or maybe it's just me.

No email address on any of the 50+ PayPal payment received emails I got last week yet 3 weeks ago all my payments have the buyers email address.

I know eBay hates sellers knowing emails but why would Paypal care?

Leroy

Not sure I'm following correctly, but here is what I just tried:
My eBay / Selling / Orders / See All Orders

Hit the drop down next to "Leave Feedback" on an order:

View PayPay Transaction -> goes to PayPal where I see the buyer email.

View Record -> to to item purchase detail on eBay where i see the buyer email.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:41 AM, masterlogan2000 said:
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:13 AM, Shrevvy said:

At the risk of becoming the PayPal guy...

I have a regular PayPal account.  I haven't upgraded to Business as far as I know.

On the main page when I log in, I see the "Manage MultiOrder Shipping" button on the righthand panel.  Clicking on that, there is a list of all the orders that need labels purchased.  Towards the top right, I see a "Create Shipment" button.  I believe that's what you're looking for.  Hopefully it's still there for you.

If you don't see any of this, you may need to click around to find your "Seller Tools", as that's the section this is under (same section where you can find your Manage Invoices link).

This is weird - maybe it is a IE problem?   I cannot see the "manage multiorder shipping" button where you describe it.  It used to be at lower left when I logged in.  I had to use the link provided in this thread to find it.