• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JIM 83 GRR JIM 84 JIM 86
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Ill be honest,I feel I did REALLY well on these great books for my sons collection ..:x But I would love to get some of your guys and gals opinion on grades for these..

Ill list pictures with front cover,center of book and rear cover in that order..Thank you in advance!! Have a great day!Jeff

The JIM actually has a stain on inside/outside of back cover...so theres an extra picture (4) of the GRR JIM 83

20181023_081158.jpg

20181023_081218.jpg

20181023_081230.jpg

20181023_081244.jpg

On 10/24/2018 at 1:33 AM, Gnasher said:

From  what I can see

83 GRR: 6.0 due to the staining.

84:  6.0 maybe a 6.5 owing to edge wear.

86: 5.5 with a chance at 6.0

Hopefully better they'll all do better.(thumbsu

What he said???

4 hours ago, bikesnbuses said:

Thats OK..Hes 9,he has special needs and has LOVED theHulk and the Avengers for years!:bigsmile:

thats incredible...

are you trying to put together a huge collection for him?

or just certain Keys?

Or Just his favorites.

I got in comics 12 years, My dad was a life long reader and collector, from the time I was a kid until I was 19, He tried talking to me about comics and to get me interested....I just never did.

in 2006, I got FULLY addicted to comics...

over the last 12 years, some of the greatest experiences of my life have been talking comics with my dad, reading comics. then talking to him about them and Then in 2013, we inherited my Grandfathers collection of 175 Boxes...

my dad was in poor heath at this time, but over the course of 3 years I went through the collection updating every comic with new bags and backers, new boxes and grading and making lists, step by step my dad watched everything I did, I could tell in brought him so much Joy...

every time I found a rare key, or a Key book where superhero's fought each other(like Journey into Mystery 112, Hulk vs Thor, or Tales To astonish 79, Hulk vs Hercules) I'd take it in and show it to him and we'd be like little kids with excitement...

I can only to HOPE to have my collection and eventually have a son that I could have a similar experience with...

I wish you and your son the best...it truly is incredible what comics can do, for me it truly lead to some of the greatest experiences I'll ever have with BOTH my dad and Grandpaw..

Im trying to put together full runs of ;

Avengers 1-100 (DONE :bigsmile:)

Hulk 1-600 (all but Hulk 1 ,180 and 181)

,Iron Man run..Tales of suspense 39-99 ..(ALL but #39) 

Captain America run #100-300(DONE :bigsmile:)

Thor/JIM run 83-125 and #126-300(All DONE except I only have a Golden Record Reprint of Journey Into Mystery #83)  

:banana:

6 hours ago, bikesnbuses said:

Im trying to put together full runs of ;

Avengers 1-100 (DONE :bigsmile:)

Hulk 1-600 (all but Hulk 1 ,180 and 181)

,Iron Man run..Tales of suspense 39-99 ..(ALL but #39) 

Captain America run #100-300(DONE :bigsmile:)

Thor/JIM run 83-125 and #126-300(All DONE except I only have a Golden Record Reprint of Journey Into Mystery #83)  

:banana:

thats awesome....

why stop at 100 on Avengers?

and you think you start on trying to put together a run of Invincible Iron Man(1968) or just sticking with his Run of Tales Of Suspense

how long has it taken you to put together these sets for your son?

PS...I got a mid grade Hulk 180 if your interested...but If you only buying High grade I completely understand

7 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

thats awesome....

why stop at 100 on Avengers?

and you think you start on trying to put together a run of Invincible Iron Man(1968) or just sticking with his Run of Tales Of Suspense

how long has it taken you to put together these sets for your son?

PS...I got a mid grade Hulk 180 if your interested...but If you only buying High grade I completely understand

Buying high grade? Surely you jest!?😄 ..I'm kidding..mid grade and lower raws..that's the only reason I'm able to put this collection together..it took me only 2-3 years as I have been super lucky in picking up some great books at fantastic prices locally,here and on Ebay. (Believe it or not)

And Iron man and Avengers 101 and up ?Well,I have to draw the line SOMEWHERE..plus hes not a giant IM fan for some reason ..he LIKES him but..🤔

But...shhhhhh... I've been secretly been looking at NSFW pictures of runs of Avengers 101-present online..yes..I've got a problem..😐😍😄

Edited by bikesnbuses

2 hours ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

83 = 5.5

84  = 6.0

86 = 5.0

I'm putting together  Tales of Suspense 39 - 100  ,,, and Iron Man 1968..... 1 - 300     not to many more to go.

I got pretty complete sets too...

although I'm Missing the 2 biggest issues in TOS 39 and 40....

but I've got 41 to 100(I think I'm missing 3 issues)

and My Iron Man(68) is complete from 1 to 260....and goes to 500(but I'm missing around 25 books from 250 to 500)

I hope to get a 39 and 40 1 day....if I do, I could Literally complete the entire Iron Man run then as all the other books i'm missing are probably 3 and 4 dollar books I can pick up...

I've got a complete run of Avengers(Avengers has always been my fathers and my favorites)....It goes from 1 to 504, then Vol 2 and 3, Then New,Mighty,Secret,Dark Avengers and stops in 2013 when I stopped buying...

But I've always Loved The Tales to Astonish and Suspense series....

I'm close to having complete runs of Astonish and Suspense but I'm missing 3 big one in 39 and 40 and Tales To Astonish 35...

My Cap and Hulk are almost complete(but again I'm missing 4 big ones in HULK 1,2,4 and 5)

Its a dream to some day have A complete run of Tales of Suspense and Then Iron Man(68)

and Then A complete run of Tales to Astonish and Then Complete runs of Cap and Hulk...

I'm close but to be realistic, Hulk #1 and TOS 39 may end up being deal breakers as they are just so incredibly expensive now...I may have to settle for not having the 2 biggest and most important books of the runs...