• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Booster Gold 1st Run

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place, this is my first time using the chat boards. 

I've recently decided that I want to collect Booster Gold's original run (1-25) all graded CGC 9.6 +. It seems that after 1 ebay and other websites i've seen don't have the rest of them. Is there anywhere you guys know that would have these books already graded? I would buy them raw and send them to be graded, but i'm less than adept at grading these things on sight and I don't want to get bamboozled with a lower grade.

Thanks for your time!

On 10/23/2018 at 6:25 PM, Hduar008 said:

Hello everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place, this is my first time using the chat boards. 

I've recently decided that I want to collect Booster Gold's original run (1-25) all graded CGC 9.6 +. It seems that after 1 ebay and other websites i've seen don't have the rest of them. Is there anywhere you guys know that would have these books already graded?

Here's the link to the CGC census for Booster Gold 1-25. Not all of them have been graded in 9.6. Gonna be tough to find graded ones for sale
https://www.cgccomics.com/census/issues_bytitle.asp?title=Booster+Gold&publisher=D.C.+Comics

I have a few runs like this that i’m Working on... patience and time are key. Often, the books are not pricy, but they can be hard to find. Maybe try 2 or 3 sets like this at the same time, and chip away at each as opportunities present themselves.

Keep an eye on sites like mycomicshop.com as well, as they often have numerous graded books available. At the moment, they only have several copies of #1, but it can change fairly quickly.

There are really two options to pursuing runs like this:

1. Offer a "this makes it worth my time to look, find, possibly press, and submit" price for books that are already graded. That price is around $80-$100 a slab, though you may certainly find someone willing to do it for less. The cost to slab is roughly $25-$30/book, with all shipping included (to and from CGC.) Shipping to get the slab to you would be in addition to that.

or...

2. Slab them yourself. 

Depending on what your time is worth, and the resources you have for locating copies that would meet your requirements, #1 is potentially far less expensive than #2. But, lots of people do #2, and find it very rewarding. 

If you ask for someone's assistance and expertise in helping you with this, be fully prepared to compensate them for their time and effort, even if they don't ask.

On 10/26/2018 at 11:13 PM, Jerkfro said:

Here's the link to the CGC census for Booster Gold 1-25. Not all of them have been graded in 9.6. Gonna be tough to find graded ones for sale
https://www.cgccomics.com/census/issues_bytitle.asp?title=Booster+Gold&publisher=D.C.+Comics

:ohnoez: Gah!  Never look them up one at a time.  (tsk)

Try this: http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:Booster:Gold:/comicyearend/1990/label/all/

Edited by valiantman

43 minutes ago, valiantman said:

:ohnoez: Gah!  Never look them up one at a time.  (tsk)

Try this: http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:Booster:Gold:/comicyearend/1990/label/all/

Well, well, well. I didn't know about that. Thank you. If the OP returns to this thread, he might appreciate it too.