• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Fall Signature Auction
5 5

307 posts in this topic

Good gawd! I intentionally stepped away from looking/hunting for the past couple months to focus on a different collectible that has sparked my interest. It's now apparent that I'll be spending more cash next month than I originally anticipated meh

Looks like someone threw in the towel on completing a Catman run. I was considering doing the same, but now see some holes there that can be filled. Sheesh! Will it ever end!?! :facepalm:

12 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I've asked them to postpone the close for two weeks to allow me more time to raise enough dough. They're thinking it over.

I've asked them to end auctions on books I'm interested in now ( at current bidding ). They're thinking it over. :wishluck:

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 10/26/2018 at 1:37 PM, nearmint said:

Definitely heavy on Golden Age.  712 gold and only 165 silver.

Not a real surprise since it would appear that GA books are seemingly the hottest part of the comic book auction marketplace right now.  (thumbsu

Well, no real surprise as it looks like my then high bid the other day for this book didn't hold up for very long:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Action Comics #13 (DC, 1939) CGC VF/NM 9.0 Cream to off-whitepages....

Any bets that this copy is going to go for huge dollars and could end up being one of the highlights of the auction here.

The last time they have a nice copy of this truly HTF book up for auction was the Atlantic City Copy in the 2011 CC Auction when a CGC 9.2 graded copy sold for over 6X top of guide ($30K at the timer) when it sold for something like $185K.  Don't think this copy will fetch the same kind of multiple since the top of guide price 7 years later has now moved up to the $180K mark, although this copy here does appear to have a brighter cover as compared to the Atlantic City Copy.

Any guesses as to what this gorgeous copy will end up going for?  hm

Edited by lou_fine

4 hours ago, batman_fan said:
4 hours ago, tth2 said:

The CGC 9.6 Cyclone Comics #1 in this auction was sold on Heritage just 5 months ago!

These days, I would say that was holding on to a book for a long time lol

flippers and speculators are destroying this hobby

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

flippers and speculators are destroying this hobby

I don't know, Peter.  It does bring a lot of books to market whether flipped or not.  I don't buy and flip myself but I don't have a problem with it.  Folks sometimes do better but sometimes do worse on flipping even in a short amount of time.  Kind of fun to watch for me.

6 hours ago, tth2 said:

The CGC 9.6 Cyclone Comics #1 in this auction was sold on Heritage just 5 months ago!

Are you saying the winners of these  books didn’t complete the sale and thus are offered again or that the winner paid and feels that the market has moved 10-20% already in the last 6 months so that they can break even selling now?? 

So confused lol